Struggling with Henri Reaction Questions for Tomorrow's Test?

• Thread starter zibb3r
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reactions
In summary, the student is trying to figure out how to do a question from a textbook that he doesn't understand. The student is having trouble imagining what a steady state is and what an equilibrium is. The student needs to know about a mechanism and how to convert it into an equation.
zibb3r
Hard Question.jpg

Can you guys help with this question? i don't even know where to begin! *Cries*

Thanks! I have a test tomorrow and need to learn how to do this type of question!

CHEERS!

Physics news on Phys.org
zibb3r said:
View attachment 62488

Thanks! I have a test tomorrow and need to learn how to do this type of question!

CHEERS!
Chemistry. Wonderful. :rofl:

We're all going to be mathematicians here, so if you could define the terms in the problem for us, we can help you. I don't know what methods you're being asked to use to solve the ODE, but I'd be happy to help when I do.

zibb3r said:
View attachment 62488

CHEERS!

Mandelbroth said:
Chemistry. Wonderful. :rofl:

We're all going to be mathematicians here, so if you could define the terms in the problem for us, we can help you. I don't know what methods you're being asked to use to solve the ODE, but I'd be happy to help when I do.

But in biochemistry it is so elementary that it is certainly in your textbook.

We here only deal with difficulties arising from textbooks, we don't write them - they are surely written better than we would do offhand.

It is not a differential equation question so wrong forum, I only saw it by pure accident. It is not even a calculus question.

You need to know, if you can't imagine, what a steady state is, and that allows you to convert a mechanism into an equation. You surely know what an equilibrium is? In this context where they mention equilibrium they are talking about the special case where the catalytic rate is slow enough that to good approximation the enzyme-substrate complex can be considered in equilibrium with free enzyme and substrate. You can also consider, as I'm sure your book explains, the substrate concentration to be much higher than that of enzyme, and not to change (again an approximation) during the time of reaction.

Last edited:

1. What are Henri reactions?

Henri reactions are a type of chemical reaction that involves the transfer of a proton or hydrogen atom from one molecule to another, resulting in the formation of a new molecule or functional group. They are named after French chemist Edmond Henri, who first described them in the early 20th century.

2. What types of reactions fall under the category of "Henri reactions"?

There are several types of reactions that fall under the category of "Henri reactions," including acid-base reactions, redox reactions, and nucleophilic substitution reactions. These reactions involve the transfer of a proton or hydrogen atom from one molecule to another, resulting in the formation of a new molecule or functional group.

3. How do I solve Henri reactions?

To solve Henri reactions, you will need to identify the reactants and products, determine the type of reaction taking place, and balance the chemical equation. You may also need to use knowledge of acid-base chemistry and redox reactions to correctly predict the products of the reaction. Practice and familiarity with reaction mechanisms will also help in solving Henri reactions.

4. What is the importance of understanding Henri reactions?

Understanding Henri reactions is important in many fields, including organic chemistry, biochemistry, and environmental science. These reactions play a crucial role in many biological processes, such as metabolism and cellular respiration, and are also used in the synthesis of important compounds in pharmaceuticals and other industries.

5. How can I get help with solving Henri reactions quickly?

If you need help with solving Henri reactions quickly, there are many online resources available, such as tutorials, practice problems, and forums. You can also seek assistance from a tutor or study group, or consult with your instructor or teaching assistant. Practicing regularly and seeking help when needed will improve your understanding and speed in solving Henri reactions.