Register to reply

Human Behaviour Predictors?

by chaoseverlasting
Tags: behaviour, human, predictors
Share this thread:
chaoseverlasting
Mar21-12, 10:40 AM
P: 1,017
I'm looking for a field of psychology which tries to predict human behaviour or sort of characterizes human beings based on their behaviour patterns.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to call it, but I want to be able to say what a particular group of people will tend to like or dislike or what they will tend to do or not do when presented with a stimuli.

I'm guessing fields like architecture and those from the liberal arts would use such frameworks extensively (reaction to light, color, sensory stimuli, etc.) and certainly psychology/psychiatry and I want to get acquainted with the material in some way.

Any suggestions PF?
Phys.Org News Partner Medical research news on Phys.org
Study IDs risk factors for severe hidradenitis suppurativa
Endogenous hormones improve breast cancer risk models
With kids in school, parents can work out
Pythagorean
Mar21-12, 11:10 AM
PF Gold
P: 4,287
Human behavioral biology. I posted some lectures in the tutorial forums.
chaoseverlasting
Mar21-12, 12:29 PM
Any books that you might recommend? Or what all I should read up on? I'll be checking out your lectures in a minute.

EDIT: Err... where are the tutorials? I tried looking for them but I dont know where to look. Is there a tute section?

Pythagorean
Mar21-12, 01:06 PM
PF Gold
P: 4,287
Human Behaviour Predictors?

"Math and Science Learning Materials"

it's the first forum at the top of the list from the main physicsforums page
chaoseverlasting
Mar23-12, 10:27 AM
Thank you! Got lost looking for this thread.

EDIT: I'm sorry Pythagorean, but I'm not sure which thread in the tutorial section you're referring to. Can you paste the link? Again, I apologize for the inconvenience, but I cant seem to place it. TIA
Bignose
Apr28-12, 08:29 PM
P: 15
Behavioral economics - Daniel Kahneman is the only noble laureate whos work was primarily in psychology, he has a book that summarizes his research titled "Thinking, Fast and Slow".

Register to reply