Missing Profile Web Page Link - What's Going On?

• Thread starter LCKurtz
  • Start date
LCKurtz
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Web page url removed?

I was just looking through my profile and noticed that the url link to my personal web page is missing. I didn't remove it so what's the deal?

Physics news on Phys.org

LCKurtz said:
I was just looking through my profile and noticed that the url link to my personal web page is missing. I didn't remove it so what's the deal?

Just add it again. Quirky system :)

I have tried to add it again, not forgetting to click "save" and it doesn't save it. It isn't there immediately or the next day. Maybe you can make it "take". It is math.asu.edu/~kurtz

[Edit] Nevermind. It just hit me what the problem was. It doesn't like it without the http://

1. What is a missing profile web page link?

A missing profile web page link refers to a hyperlink that is not functioning or is not present on a webpage. This can occur for various reasons such as a broken link, incorrect URL, or the webpage being moved or deleted.

2. Why is the missing profile web page link important?

The missing profile web page link is important because it can lead to a poor user experience and hinder the functionality of a website. It is also crucial for search engine optimization as broken links can negatively impact a website's ranking.

3. How can I fix a missing profile web page link?

To fix a missing profile web page link, you can start by checking the URL and making sure it is correct. If the webpage has been moved or deleted, you can redirect the link to the new location. Alternatively, you can remove the link if it is no longer relevant or replace it with a working one.

4. Can a missing profile web page link be prevented?

Yes, a missing profile web page link can be prevented by regularly checking for broken links on a website and fixing them promptly. It is also important to use consistent and clear URLs to avoid any confusion or errors.

5. How do I know if there are missing profile web page links on my website?

You can use various tools such as broken link checkers or Google Search Console to identify any missing profile web page links on your website. You can also manually check each link on your website to ensure they are all functioning correctly.