ITunes U (;__;) [Tears of Joy]

• Thread starter Monocerotis
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about sharing interesting resources found on the internet, specifically through iTunes U. It is mentioned that many universities, including MIT, offer their course materials for free online. The convenience and accessibility of iTunes U is highlighted, as well as the fact that it is free. The conversation also includes links to previous threads discussing other interesting material.
Monocerotis
Gold Member
I'm always excited to share interesting material I come across with everyone I can, so let this thread be the third installment in "Cool stuff I find on the internet - Physics Forum Edition".

A lot of you might have heard of/made use of resources like MIT OpenCourseware, which according to wikipedia (because I'm lazy) is: an initiative of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) to put all of the educational materials from its undergraduate- and graduate-level courses online, partly free and openly available to anyone, anywhere, by the end of the year 2007.

A lot of other universities have followed suit (UC Berkley, Yale, Stanford,etc...) which is great; you can become a student of multiple top ranked universities, minus the degree.

The beauty of iTunes U is that they've gathered up nearly all of the online resources these universities and colleges have put up on the web into a one-stop shop location. You can download either lecture recordings (.mp3) or lecture videos (.mp4, .avi, .mov) at very high speeds and have them organized in an iTunes U sidebar folder.

Take them with you on your iPod Touch or iPhone, watch/listen to them at home. To sum it all up, it's fraking amazing.

Check it out, download iTunes if you don't have it (or update to the latest version). iTunes store -> click on the iTunes U header button, and there you go.

One more thing

IT'S FREE

2n21ykw.jpg

If you didn't come across the other threads and you're looking for some cool **** to peruse, check out these threads.
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=344545
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=346285

Physics news on Phys.org
Very cool Monocerotis. Thank you for that! Tired of listening to all the same old lectures in my library.

I am always excited to see the dissemination of knowledge and information becoming more accessible to everyone. iTunes U is a great resource for individuals who are eager to learn and expand their understanding of various subjects, including physics. The fact that it is free and easily accessible makes it even more appealing. It is wonderful to see top universities sharing their educational materials with the world, allowing individuals to become students of multiple prestigious institutions without the need for a degree. I encourage everyone to take advantage of this amazing resource and continue to seek out knowledge and learning opportunities. And thank you for sharing this with the Physics Forum community!

1. What is iTunes U?

iTunes U is a free educational platform provided by Apple. It allows universities and other educational institutions to share their course materials, lectures, and other educational content with the public.

2. How do I access iTunes U?

iTunes U can be accessed through the iTunes Store on a computer or through the iTunes U app on an iOS device. Simply search for the institution or course you are interested in and download the content.

3. Is there a cost to use iTunes U?

No, iTunes U is completely free to use. However, some institutions may charge for access to certain courses or materials.

4. Can I earn a degree or certificate through iTunes U?

No, iTunes U does not offer degrees or certificates. It is a platform for sharing educational content, but does not award any formal qualifications.

5. Can I download content from iTunes U for offline use?

Yes, you can download content from iTunes U for offline use. This is especially useful for listening to lectures or studying materials while not connected to the internet.