Bell States: Problem & Effects of Phase Gate

• Thread starter quantumlooser
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bell States
In summary, the conversation revolves around applying a magnetic field to spin up particles and how it affects the four bell states, specifically the triplet state. The purpose of understanding this is to prepare for a lab experiment, possibly at a graduate level. The recommendation is to consult with an advisor or use the magnetic field as a quantum logic gate to solve the question.
quantumlooser
This is not a homework problem, I hope I am in the right forum.

Suppose a magnetic field is applied long enough so that the spin up particles acquire a phase of Pi/2 expressed as i=squareroot(-1).
How does each of the four bell states transform under this phase gate.
What is exactly happening to the triplet bell state?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
quantumlooser said:
This is not a homework problem, I hope I am in the right forum.

Suppose a magnetic field is applied long enough so that the spin up particles acquire a phase of Pi/2 expressed as i=squareroot(-1).
How does each of the four bell states transform under this phase gate.
What is exactly happening to the triplet bell state?

Thanks

Can you explain why you need to know this? That might help people to contextualize your question, since it's otherwise a textbook problem.

Hello,
If this is a textbook problem, do you know any refrences that can help me solve this. Because I can't find any!
This is a pre-requiste in understanding some lab expermient work.

I meant to say this is not due for homework, maybe that is confusing people.
Thanks
Its not a theoritical question.
I hope I am not in the wrong forum

quantumlooser said:
Hello,
If this is a textbook problem, do you know any refrences that can help me solve this. Because I can't find any!
This is a pre-requiste in understanding some lab expermient work.

Sounds like graduate work. Perhaps you should ask your advisor? That what he/she is there for.

I will but if anyone can help me asap that much better.

Figure out what the evolution operator is and use it to solve your question.

I think you can take the magnetic field as a quantum logic gate, which operates on the state of entangled particles and see what the results will be.

1. What are Bell states and why are they important in quantum computing?

Bell states, also known as EPR pairs or entangled states, are a set of four quantum states that are maximally entangled. They are important in quantum computing because they allow for the transmission of information between two distant systems without physically interacting with each other. This is known as quantum teleportation and is a crucial component in many quantum algorithms.

2. What is the problem with using phase gate in Bell states?

The problem with using phase gate in Bell states is that it introduces a phase difference between the two components of the entangled pair. This phase difference can cause the entanglement to be lost, making the Bell state less useful for quantum information processing.

3. How do scientists address the problem of phase gate in Bell states?

Scientists address the problem of phase gate in Bell states by using techniques such as quantum error correction and quantum error mitigation. These methods help to reduce the effects of the phase gate on the entangled states and maintain the integrity of the information being transmitted.

4. What are the potential effects of phase gate on Bell states?

The potential effects of phase gate on Bell states include the loss of entanglement, which can lead to errors in quantum computations and communication. It can also affect the accuracy and reliability of quantum measurements and operations.

5. How are Bell states and phase gate used in quantum technologies?

Bell states and phase gate are used in quantum technologies to perform operations such as quantum teleportation, quantum cryptography, and quantum error correction. They are also important components in quantum algorithms for tasks such as factoring large numbers and searching databases.