Did I Accidentally Turn Off My Thread Subscriptions?

• Thread starter Studiot
  • Start date
In summary, a subscription is a recurring service that provides a product or service for a set period of time in exchange for a recurring payment. Cancelling a subscription varies depending on the service, and it is important to keep track of your subscriptions to avoid being charged after you no longer wish to use the service. Some subscriptions may allow you to change the frequency of payments, and there may be benefits to subscribing, such as convenience and cost savings. However, it is important to consider the cost and whether a free trial period is available before committing to a subscription.
Studiot
Subscriptions -- Ooops

Following Greg's actions with email notifications this morning I went into my user control panel and edited the notifications as instructed.

However I was too hasty and turned off the subscriptions to threads posted in, rather than email notification.

So here is a warning.

When you make the change select the right oprtion.

go well

Physics news on Phys.org

Thanks Studiot!

1. What is a subscription and how does it work?

A subscription is a service that allows you to regularly receive a product or service for a specific period of time in exchange for a recurring payment. This can include magazines, streaming services, or software. You typically sign up for a subscription and are automatically charged on a regular basis until you cancel.

2. How do I cancel my subscription?

Cancelling a subscription varies depending on the service you are subscribed to. It is best to check the terms and conditions of your subscription or contact the provider directly. Many subscriptions can be cancelled online through your account settings or by contacting customer support.

3. Will I be charged if I forget to cancel my subscription?

It is possible that you may be charged if you forget to cancel your subscription. It is important to keep track of your subscriptions and cancel them before the renewal date if you no longer wish to continue the service. Some subscriptions may also have a grace period where you can cancel and receive a refund.

4. Can I change the frequency of my subscription payments?

This will depend on the specific subscription service. Some subscriptions may allow you to change the frequency of your payments, such as switching from monthly to yearly payments. It is best to check with the provider or look at your account settings to see if this option is available.

5. Are there any benefits to subscribing versus purchasing one-time products?

Subscriptions can offer benefits such as convenience, cost savings, and access to exclusive content or features. However, it is important to carefully consider if the cost of a subscription is worth it for you personally, as it may add up over time. Additionally, some subscriptions may offer a free trial period before requiring payment, allowing you to try out the service before committing to a subscription.