Troubleshooting My Circuit Sensor: Is It Working?

In summary, the conversation is about someone wanting to build their own circuit sensor and seeking information on how it works. They mention completing the circuit on a breadboard but not knowing how the sensor will work. They ask for clarification on the mechanism of the sensor and where to apply pressure for it to work. The person responding suggests understanding the basics of how the transducer works and incorporating it into a voltage divider or bridge circuit. They also mention the importance of knowing the resistance values of the device.
mremadahmed
I want to build my own circuit sensor.
I opened the digital scale.I built the circuit on breadboard.The sensor is silverish color in the picture.
I have completed my circuit on breadboard but don't know how will this sensor work.

Can someone tell me what is the mechanism of this specific sensor.Where will I put the pressure so that it will work.I did hit and trial method but it did not work.

Maybe my sensor is failed.

Attachments

• 20130208_185155.jpg
    20130208_185155.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 422
Engineering news on Phys.org
You really need to get things in the right order, I think. You first need to know the basics of how your transducer works and then make the electronics to suit it.
Afaik, most strain gauges work as variable resistors. See this link
You need to include this variable resistor in a voltage divider or, perhaps, a 'bridge' circuit to measure the change of resistance as the gauge is stretched. Clearly, the first thing to find out is the actual resistance values you are needing to deal with - either by measurement or by looking up the spec of the device if you can identify it by number / type.

1. How do I know if my circuit sensor is working?

There are a few steps you can take to determine if your circuit sensor is working properly. First, check all the connections and make sure they are secure. Then, use a multimeter to test for voltage and continuity in the circuit. You can also try replacing the sensor with a known working one to see if that solves the issue.

2. What should I do if my circuit sensor is not responding at all?

If your circuit sensor is not responding at all, there may be an issue with the power supply. Check to make sure the power source is connected correctly and providing the correct voltage. If the power supply is not the issue, there may be a problem with the sensor itself and it may need to be replaced.

3. How can I troubleshoot intermittent issues with my circuit sensor?

Intermittent issues with a circuit sensor can be tricky to troubleshoot. Start by checking all connections and making sure they are secure. Next, try testing the circuit with a known working sensor to see if the issue is with the sensor or the circuit itself. If the issue persists, there may be a problem with the components in the circuit that need to be replaced.

4. What are some common causes of a malfunctioning circuit sensor?

There are a few common causes of a malfunctioning circuit sensor. These include loose or faulty connections, power supply issues, damaged components, or a faulty sensor. It is important to thoroughly check each of these potential causes when troubleshooting a circuit sensor.

5. Can I repair a faulty circuit sensor or do I need to replace it?

In some cases, a faulty circuit sensor may be repairable. This depends on the specific issue and the type of sensor. However, it is often more cost-effective and efficient to simply replace the sensor rather than attempting to repair it. If you are unsure, consult the manufacturer's instructions or contact a professional for assistance.