Stop Email Spam: Cleared Inbox & Junk Mail

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the frustration of receiving excessive emails, including junk mail, from a group that the person had joined. They mention trying to clear their email, but continue to receive annoying emails. Suggestions are made to block the addresses or leave the group to avoid further emails. There is also mention of a possible solution to bomb their accounts for a fee.
JamesU
Gold Member
Stop emailing me!

InBox: 67
Junk Mail: 175

I cleared my email yesterday!

just Some of these annoyances

<email addresses deleted>

More to come. (they're all part of some group, and they keep emailing me (and there's a lot more of them) :wink: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Where are they getting your e-mail address?

I joined their group. I think it was some intelligence thing. (I thought they were a big, international group. turns out they have like 50 members)

Do you have a junk mail filter? Just block their addresses. Or unjoin their group?

Jjjuunkmail? Never heard of it, sorry.

The brotherhood will e-bomb their accounts for a modest fee. :devil:

1. What is email spam?

Email spam is the use of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited bulk messages, typically advertising or fraudulent in nature. These messages are sent to a large number of recipients who have not requested them, often causing annoyance and inconvenience.

2. How does email spam affect users?

Email spam can be harmful in several ways. It can clog up inboxes and make it difficult to find legitimate emails, potentially causing important messages to be missed. It can also contain malicious links or attachments that can infect a user's computer with viruses or steal personal information. In addition, some spam emails may be scams or phishing attempts to trick users into giving away sensitive information or money.

3. What are some ways to prevent email spam?

There are several ways to prevent email spam. One is to never reply to or click on links in spam emails. It is also important to keep your email address private and avoid posting it on public websites. Using a spam filter on your email account can also help to automatically detect and block spam messages. Additionally, being cautious about giving out your email address and unsubscribing from unwanted emails can help reduce the amount of spam you receive.

4. How can I clear my inbox of spam emails?

To clear your inbox of spam emails, you can use the built-in spam filter in your email account. This will automatically move spam messages to a designated spam folder. You can also manually delete any spam emails that make it into your inbox. It is important to regularly check and empty your spam folder to ensure it does not become too full and potentially cause important emails to be sent there.

5. Is there any way to stop receiving spam emails completely?

It is nearly impossible to completely stop receiving spam emails as spammers are constantly finding new ways to send unsolicited messages. However, by following best practices such as keeping your email address private, using a spam filter, and being cautious about giving out your email address, you can significantly reduce the amount of spam you receive. It is also important to regularly review and update your email account's security settings to ensure maximum protection against spam.