Discover Interactive Physics Simulations & Ideas for Your Website

• Thread starter Caspian
  • Start date
  • Tags
    web hosting
In summary, the conversation revolves around a college student pursuing a degree in physics and their website where they share simulations related to physics. The simulations, while useful for their research, are not engaging enough for the general public. They are looking for ideas on how to make their website more interesting and suggestions such as using vpython to create interactive graphics and starting a physics blog are given.
Caspian
I'm a college student pursuing a degree in physics, with an interest in computational physics. I got a website where I figured I'd make simulations and publish them so that those with an interest in physics could play around with them and learn a bit.

Unfortunately, my simulations aren't quite as exciting as I expected. I've made two simulations -- one simulating the n-body problem, and one simulating a Bose-Einstein Condensate. They're useful for my research, but the general public wouldn't be interested in seeing a big text file full of coordinates...

Now, I'm stuck with a website which I'm not currently using. Since I've already paid for hosting, domain name, etc. I'm trying to think of ideas of what to put on my website -- but I'm not sure what.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do with my website? Have you ever said to yourself, "I wish there was a physics-related website about _____?"

Any ideas are welcome! Thanks :smile:.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Use http://www.vpython.org to turn those coordinates into interactive 3D graphics.
Check out the http://www.vpython.org/contributed.html page :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
You could make it a personal academic/physics blog until you finally decide what to do with it. Use it to think out loud.

Thanks everyone for the ideas :). I like the blogging idea... in the meantime, I'll try to make my simulations more "interesting".

1. What is the purpose of this website?

The purpose of this website is to provide information and resources related to physics, including articles, tutorials, and educational tools.

2. Who is the target audience for this website?

The target audience for this website is anyone who is interested in physics, from students and teachers to professionals and enthusiasts.

3. What kind of content can I expect to find on this website?

This website features a variety of content, including articles on various physics topics, interactive simulations and experiments, and educational resources such as study guides and practice problems.

4. Is the information on this website reliable?

Yes, all information on this website is thoroughly researched and reviewed by experts in the field of physics to ensure accuracy and reliability.

5. Can I contribute to this website?

Yes, we welcome contributions from our readers! If you have an idea for an article or educational resource, or if you would like to share your own physics-related experiments or simulations, please contact us through our website.