Im English, what category do I fit into?

In summary, a British 16-year-old in 6th form (soon to be 17) doing A-Level Physics is unsure whether to post their queries in the K-12 forum or the college forum. It is advised to post in the homework section and to look at the types of questions in each forum to determine the best fit. While college is recommended, either forum is suitable for their level.
Seraph
I'm British and I'm in the 6th form (I'm 16, soon to turn 17 and doing A-Level Physics). Do I post my queries in the K-12 forum or the college forum?

Physics news on Phys.org
As long as you post it in the homework section, it does not matter a lot.
Look over the type questions asked in each forum to see where your own might belong best, if you want to do it "right".

Sounds like you're doing the work that would correspond to an American community college.

So go with college.

Okay, thanks alot. Done =)

College = university.

K-12 = everything before university.

:biggrin: Does that help?

But, at your level, either forum is probably okay.

1. What is the definition of an "English" person?

The term "English" typically refers to a person who is a citizen of England or who has ancestral ties to England. It can also refer to someone who speaks the English language as their first language.

2. What is the difference between "English" and "British"?

While the terms are often used interchangeably, "English" refers specifically to people from England, while "British" can refer to people from England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

3. Is being "English" a race or ethnicity?

No, being "English" is not a race or ethnicity. It is a nationality or cultural identity.

4. Can someone be English if they were not born in England?

Yes, someone can identify as English even if they were not born in England. Nationality and cultural identity are not solely based on place of birth, but on factors such as citizenship, ancestry, and language.

5. What are some common characteristics of English people?

Some common characteristics of English people include a love for tea, a dry sense of humor, a passion for football (soccer), and a reserved nature. However, these are generalizations and may not apply to all individuals who identify as English.