Pandora's radio station. MUST READ

• Thread starter wasteofo2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Radio
In summary, Pandora is a website that creates a personalized radio station based on the artists and songs you like. It is free and a great way to discover new music. It is similar to Launch, but has a 10 hour limit. Other users suggest that Launch may have a larger music database.
wasteofo2
www.pandora.com

If you like music at all, this site is brilliant.

What you do is enter in artists or songs you like into this website, and it will compile a radio station for you that will randomly play songs by the artists you've entered or simmilar to them.

It's so awesome, I'm in love.

I suppose it'd also be a great way to check out bands you're considering buying CD's of, to see if you like a random sampling of their library.

AND IT'S FREE!

Physics news on Phys.org
Instant bookmark :smile:

And you could also record those songs right off the speaker using some program/s...

How is this different from www.launch.com[/URL]

You put in a song, you listen to the song you want to hear, and then it plays songs which sound similar...

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the only difference with Launch and pandora, is that launch has no 10 hr limit.

I dunno, but I would guess launch isn't as cool. Will launch play Kyuss songs? How about E-40?

<edit>Holy crap... Yahoo has Kyuss and E-40 in their database. That's ridiculous...</edit>

Last edited:
ranger said:
I guess the only difference with Launch and pandora, is that launch has no 10 hr limit.
But who's listening to music from one source for 10 hours anyway?

I've used Launch for a few years. After a while, you've built up too many songs to want to change.
Of course, I don't even know who Kyuss and E-40 are.:redface:

wasteofo2 said:
But who's listening to music from one source for 10 hours anyway?
I was thinking that the 10 hrs is accumalitive.

I don't even know who Kyuss and E-40 are.

Neither do I.

BobG said:
I've used Launch for a few years. After a while, you've built up too many songs to want to change.
Of course, I don't even know who Kyuss and E-40 are.:redface:
Kyuss is a mellow hard rock band; the Guitarist/singer and Bassist of Queens of the Stone Age were in Kyuss before they formed Queens of the Stone Age. E-40 is a really crazy/creative rapper who made up tons of the slang that all rappers use today.

Last edited:

What is Pandora's radio station?

Pandora's radio station is an online streaming music service that creates personalized radio stations based on your music preferences.

How does Pandora's radio station work?

Pandora uses a combination of algorithms and human curation to create personalized radio stations for its users. When a user selects a song or artist, Pandora's algorithms analyze the musical characteristics of that selection and find other songs or artists with similar traits to play on the radio station.

Is Pandora's radio station free to use?

Pandora's radio station offers both a free and paid version. The free version is ad-supported and has limited skip and replay options. The paid version, called Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium, offers ad-free listening and more skip and replay options.

Can I listen to Pandora's radio station offline?

Yes, if you have a paid subscription to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium, you can download songs and listen to them offline on your mobile device. The free version does not have this feature.

How can I customize my Pandora radio station?

You can customize your Pandora radio station by selecting different artists, songs, or genres to include or exclude from your station. You can also give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to refine the station's recommendations. Additionally, the paid version allows for more customization options, such as creating playlists and playing specific songs on demand.