I need your suggestions please

• Thread starter tayyaba1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Suggestions
In summary, a student is seeking advice on whether to pursue an experimental or theoretical project in their final year of a BS in Physics. They are looking for suggestions and feedback on which field has better future prospects. The response suggests talking to potential advisors for specific project options and considering factors such as personal interest, feasibility, and potential for graduate work. The conversation also touches on the field of medical physics, with the student asking about the specific topic of the responder's PhD.
tayyaba1
hi everyone,
i am doing BS Physics. now its time to choose a project in specific field and i am confused that which field should i choose and which one is better experimental or theoretical?
as i found this forum very helpful so hopping that everyone gives me sincere suggestion and help me out in this situation.
looking forward for suggestions.

Regards

Physics news on Phys.org
This is sort of like asking which is better Italian food or Mexican food. Most of it just depends on personal taste.

twofish-quant said:
This is sort of like asking which is better Italian food or Mexican food. Most of it just depends on personal taste.

lolzz.. you didn't get me. actually i want to ask that which field has better scope in future?

tayyaba1 said:
lolzz.. you didn't get me. actually i want to ask that which field has better scope in future?

Probably the answer is the same!

kalakoi said:
Probably the answer is the same!
i have interest in both fields.

You're asking a very broad question.

I might recommend talking with several of the potential advisors for your thesis project to see what projects they have available. Listen to what they have to say and try to determine things like how interesting you find each project, how much you can realistically get done on each in the time you have, whether you will like working with the particular advisor, whether such projects can lead to graduate work, and of course "which field has better scope in future."

Once you have specifics, it's a lot easier for people online to comment on the relative merrit of each project, rather than comparing two abstractions such as the realms of experimental or theoretical physics.

@choppy
thank you very much for your detailed reply i really appreciate. your are very right. intact i am doing internship now a days on ALICE abbreviated as a large ion collider experiment hosting at CERN. and i am thinking that i should carry on this project as my final year project.
i really like your field "medical physics". i was studying about this field. can you please tell me that what are you specifically doing in this field? your PHD topic?

What is the purpose of asking for suggestions?

Asking for suggestions allows individuals to gather different perspectives and ideas that can help improve their own ideas or decisions. It can also help identify potential issues or areas for improvement.

Why is it important to seek suggestions from others?

Seeking suggestions from others can provide a fresh and unbiased perspective that can help improve the quality of the work or decision. It also shows that the individual values the opinions and input of others.

Who should I ask for suggestions?

The best individuals to ask for suggestions are those who have expertise or experience in the specific area or topic. This can include colleagues, mentors, or subject matter experts.

How can I ensure that the suggestions I receive are helpful?

It is important to be open-minded and actively listen to the suggestions being provided. Consider the suggestions carefully and evaluate them based on their potential impact and feasibility.

Is it necessary to incorporate all suggestions received?

No, it is not necessary to incorporate all suggestions received. It is important to evaluate each suggestion and determine which ones align with the intended goals and objectives. Incorporating too many suggestions can also lead to confusion and dilution of the original idea or decision.