Cleaning Fairy Busted for Criminal Trespassing

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
In summary, the Bushes thought their Sue Warren had cleaned the wrong house, but when they called her she said she does this all the time and was arrested for criminal trespassing.
zoobyshoe
"She wrote a note on a napkin and left it on the table, saying, '$75 I was here to clean,' and left her name and number," Bush said.

When the Bushes read it, they thought Sue Warren just cleaned the wrong house, so they gave her a call.

"I think our jaws just dropped to the ground," Bush said. "I said, what happened, did you get the wrong house? She said, 'No, I do this all the time.' I said, What do you mean? She said, 'I just stop and clean your house.'"

It isn't clear if Sue Warren does this all the time, but she did do it last month, and was charged with criminal trespassing.
http://www.walb.com/story/18661966/cleaning-fairy-gets-busted

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't help wondering if her psychosis was triggered by seeing the episode of "The Big Bang Theory" wherein Sheldon broke into Penny's apartment in the middle of the night and rearranged it according to his distorted view of neatness.

My brother-in-law stopped in a couple of days ago to look at my old John Deere tractor-mower. When we came up from the back yard, my wife's sister was busy weeding the flower-beds. Nice, but unexpected. She can come over and weed the flower-beds any time she wants.

I once broke up with a girlfriend because she cleaned my house, particularly my computer room, without my permission. She had spent the night the night before, and I had to work in the morning, so I let her hang out there for the day if she wanted. When I got home, my disorganized computer room was clean and "organized" according to her idea of organization. I couldn't find anything. While my room was disorganized, I knew exactly where everything was, and everything was within easy reach of my computer chair. Now, things were hidden in a closet or on the other side of the room.

I was a bit upset at the time, but I let it slide for a while. The next day I wanted to order a sub for lunch, so I dug around my room looking for the pile of take-out menus I had. I couldn't find them anywhere so I gave her a call.

Me: "Where did you put my menus?"
Her: "..."
Me: "?"
Her: "They were old"
Me: "Old? They don't expire! The menu items don't change, and neither does the phone number"
Her: "Well, I threw them away. Sorry."
Me: *click*

I don't know why somebody would invade somebody else's personal life to that extent without permission.

Jack21222 said:
I don't know why somebody would invade somebody else's personal life to that extent without permission.

I hear you, pal. My ex literally put my tools away while I was still using them. I was rebuilding a VCR or something like that, and reached out without looking to pick up a particular screwdriver. My hand met a blank piece of table, so I looked over and there was nothing there. I asked Aileen if she knew where my stuff had disappeared to, and she responded that she had put them away since I wasn't using them. I never was successful in trying to explain that a tool was not out of use just because I didn't have it in my hand at the time. I also had to buy new socket sets twice, a new soldering iron, more drill bits than I can count, and a propane torch because she put some of my stuff away so thoroughly that neither one of us could find them.

Jack21222 said:
I once broke up with a girlfriend because she cleaned my house, particularly my computer room, without my permission.

That's a harsh reaction. She probably just wanted to do something nice for you.

micromass said:
That's a harsh reaction. She probably just wanted to do something nice for you.

The problem, in my experience, is that people like that don't change their ways, no matter how often you tell them to back off. They're natural-born meddlers, and will continue so. The next step is throwing out your clothes and getting you ones more to their liking, choosing your diet for you, etc.. It's best to nip it in the bud post haste.

Throwing away anything that belongs to another person is wrong. If she was going to "take over" his space, then she should've made a pile of what she considered trash, and let him decided what to do.

I also thinks it's wrong to do something like this without permission, or knowing that the person wanted it changed. She sounds like a meddler, doing what makes her happy without the ability to consider how it affects the other person.

Now if someone came in and did dishes, dusted, vacuumed, etc... without moving anything, i'd love it. Cleaning is fine, rearranging, no.

My room is tidy, but organised in the way I think. Everything has it's place and a more than likely a reason for being in that place.

If someone were to reorganise my room I would be distressed to say the least. Can't imagine someone charging me for that :cry:

A coworker of mine likes this business model and wants to start his own business. He will throwing water on cars and submitting a bill. Since this is already done by the homeless at intersections, he will include a dashboard wipedown for free. You'll have to pay for the glass breakage though.

Borg said:
He will throwing water on cars and submitting a bill. Since this is already done by the homeless at intersections, he will include a dashboard wipedown for free. You'll have to pay for the glass breakage though.

That sort of thing is merely one of the reasons that I was one of the very few Canucks who always carried a gun.

Danger said:
That sort of thing is merely one of the reasons that I was one of the very few Canucks who always carried a gun.
I've always believed that Canadians were pretty tolerant.

tumblr_m4pp3zhmpN1qewacoo1_500.jpg

Borg said:
I've always believed that Canadians were pretty tolerant.
:rofl:

We're very tolerant in most cases. Some get irritated over sports, which baffles me. There are some of us, though, who take tolerance to the final possible degree and then become (dare I say it?) dangerous. Obviously, a squeegee kid wouldn't prompt a lethal response or even the threat of one. The worst that I would do is thank him for the wash and drive off without paying him.

edit: My scrapping rules have always been:
walk away
run away
crawl away if necessary
if the aforementioned fail, kill the bastard
Anyone stupid enough to pursue it that far doesn't deserve to live.

Last edited:
Borg said:
A coworker of mine likes this business model and wants to start his own business.
I love that you call it a "business model"!

zoobyshoe said:
I love that you call it a "business model"!
Now all we need is a good slogan. Maybe something like "Borg Cleaners - Resistance is futile". :tongue:

Borg said:
Now all we need is a good slogan. Maybe something like "Borg Cleaners - Resistance is futile". :tongue:

Hahahah! Perfect!

My wife is a serial "neatener". I have to delineate my space carefully, or stuff will end up in unexpected places. It's not the end of the world, but when it takes me a few minutes to do something that could have been accomplished in seconds before re-organization, it gets frustrating.

turbo said:
My wife is a serial "neatener". I have to delineate my space carefully, or stuff will end up in unexpected places. It's not the end of the world, but when it takes me a few minutes to do something that could have been accomplished in seconds before re-organization, it gets frustrating.
My mother-in-law got the idea one day that it would be 'helpful' to put my power tools in plastic bags so that they wouldn't get dusty. Fortunately, I only had to explain to her once that the garage was off limits. :devil:

Borg said:
I only had to explain to her once that the garage was off limits. :devil:

Did that "explanation" involve the use of the power tools? :biggrin:

Danger said:
Did that "explanation" involve the use of the power tools? :biggrin:
:rofl: Only to the extent of removing them from the plastic bags, throwing the bags on the ground in front of her, glaring at her and shouting a bit. She doesn't speak English (fortunately in this case :uhh:) so that kind of got the point across. We actually get along very well but, messing with the man cave clearly called for putting my foot down.

What is the story about?

The story is about a person who calls themselves the "Cleaning Fairy" and was caught trespassing into people's homes to clean them without their permission.

What is criminal trespassing?

Criminal trespassing is the act of entering or remaining on someone else's property without their permission, with the intention to commit a crime or cause harm.

Why was the Cleaning Fairy caught?

The Cleaning Fairy was caught because they were entering people's homes without their permission, which is considered criminal trespassing.

What are the potential consequences of criminal trespassing?

The consequences of criminal trespassing can vary depending on the severity of the crime and the laws in the specific jurisdiction. Some possible consequences may include fines, jail time, or a criminal record.

What can be done to prevent incidents like this in the future?

To prevent incidents like this in the future, it is important for people to be cautious and aware of their surroundings, and to report any suspicious activity to the authorities. Homeowners can also take steps to secure their property, such as installing security systems or keeping their doors locked at all times.