Improvemnet suggestions for posting a new question

• Thread starter catkin
  • Start date
However, your suggestion to include this in the message itself is noted and will be taken into consideration for future improvements. Thank you for your input.In summary, Charles suggested two improvements for the data entry screens when posting a new question. The first suggestion was to not add another set of proforma headings when using "Preview Post", and the second suggestion was to clarify the instructions for adding tags by including a message about separating them with commas. These suggestions have been noted and will be considered for future improvements. Thank you for your input, Charles.
catkin
Hello :)

Here are two suggestions for improving the data entry screens when posting a new question.

When "Preview Post" is used it adds another set of proforma headings. How about not doing so?

How about changing "You may add 5 tag(s) to this thread" to "You may add 5 comma-separated tag(s) to this thread" or "You may add 5 tag(s) to this thread. Tags must be separated with commas".

Best

Charles

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Charles and thank you for your suggestions.
catkin said:
When "Preview Post" is used it adds another set of proforma headings. How about not doing so?
This is a known issue, but thank you for the suggestion all the same.
catkin said:
How about changing "You may add 5 tag(s) to this thread" to "You may add 5 comma-separated tag(s) to this thread" or "You may add 5 tag(s) to this thread. Tags must be separated with commas".
There is a notice above the text box which states that tags must be separated by commas.

Last edited:

1. How can I improve the clarity of my question?

One way to improve the clarity of your question is to provide clear and specific details about the problem you are trying to solve. This can include relevant background information, specific examples, and any relevant data or code. It is also helpful to clearly state your goal or desired outcome.

2. What steps can I take to make my question more concise?

To make your question more concise, try to eliminate any unnecessary or repetitive information. Stick to the main point of your question and avoid adding too much background or context that is not directly related to the problem. You can also use bullet points or numbered lists to organize your question and make it more succinct.

3. How can I ensure my question is relevant and on-topic?

To ensure your question is relevant and on-topic, it is important to do some research beforehand. Check to see if your question has already been asked and answered on the platform, and make sure it pertains to the specific topic or subject matter of the forum or community. You can also read the guidelines or rules for posting questions to ensure it meets the criteria.

4. What are some ways to make my question more engaging and attention-grabbing?

To make your question more engaging and attention-grabbing, try to use clear and concise language, and consider using a catchy title or headline. You can also add relevant images, videos, or other media to make your question more visually appealing. Additionally, asking for input or opinions from others can make your question more interactive and interesting.

5. Can I provide updates or additional information to my question after it has been posted?

Yes, you can provide updates or additional information to your question after it has been posted. This can be helpful if you receive new information or if you have made progress on finding a solution. You can edit your original question or add a comment with the new information. However, be sure to clearly indicate that it is an update so that others can easily see the new information.