What is a application of linear sigma model?

In summary, the linear sigma model is used to describe the interaction of pion particles at low energy. Pion particles are a type of meson particle that play a role in the strong force, which is carried by gluons resulting from SU(3). The Yukawa theory, which is an older theory, is not currently used. The residual interaction between protons and neutrons to form an atomic nucleus is similar to the corresponding force between Van der Waals and electromagnetic, and is theorized to be caused by "virtual" pion particles.
ndung200790
Please teach me this:
Which interaction is the result of linear sigma model.Please teach me what purpose the linear sigma model implies?
Thank you very much in advanced.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have just heard that this model describe the pions interaction at low energy.But what is pion particles?

It seem to me the strong force is carried by gluon resulted by SU(3),why we need meson particles to describe the subatomic phenomena?Is Yukawa theory a old theory(not using at the moment)?

At the moment,I have just known that the interaction between protons and neutrons to form atomic nucleus is residual interaction caused strong interaction carried by gluons similar with the corresponding between Van der Waals force and electromagnetic.This interaction is theorized by ''virtual'' pion particles.Is that correct?Thank you very much for any your teaching.

ndung200790 said:
At the moment,I have just known that the interaction between protons and neutrons to form atomic nucleus is residual interaction caused strong interaction carried by gluons similar with the corresponding between Van der Waals force and electromagnetic.This interaction is theorized by ''virtual'' pion particles.Is that correct?Thank you very much for any your teaching.

Sorry,...residual interaction caused by strong interaction...

What is a application of linear sigma model?

The linear sigma model is a theoretical framework used in particle physics to study the behavior of quarks and mesons. It has many applications in various areas of physics, including nuclear physics, condensed matter physics, and astrophysics.

What is the purpose of the linear sigma model?

The linear sigma model is used to describe the interactions between particles in a system. It helps to explain the properties and behavior of particles, such as their mass, spin, and interactions with each other.

How does the linear sigma model work?

The linear sigma model works by using a mathematical representation to describe the interactions between particles. It involves the use of complex equations and calculations to understand and predict the behavior of particles in a system.

What are some examples of the linear sigma model in action?

The linear sigma model has been used to study the properties of nuclear matter, the behavior of quark-gluon plasma, and the phase transition of materials. It has also been applied to understand the behavior of high-energy particles in particle colliders.

Why is the linear sigma model important in physics?

The linear sigma model is important in physics because it provides a theoretical framework to study the behavior of particles and their interactions. It helps to explain and predict phenomena in various areas of physics, and has been essential in advancing our understanding of the fundamental building blocks of the universe.