Interview Professional Engineer for High School Engineering Project

In summary: Please e-mail the OP directlyIn summary, the person is a high school student taking an engineering class and needs to conduct an interview with a professional engineer for a project. They ask for the interviewee's name, degree, place of employment, and email address. They also provide 11 questions to ask during the interview. However, due to privacy and anti-phishing reasons, the PF does not allow interview threads and the thread has been locked. The person is instructed to directly email the OP for privacy reasons.
cyanbeats
Hi. I am currently in high school taking an engineering class and I need help finding a professional engineer to interview for a project. I need to conduct an interview with a professional engineer and gather professional background information and ask various questions about the field of engineering. I would really appreciate it if you took time to answer the following questions. If you don't feel comfortable sharing some of the information on the site, please email me at << e-mail address deleted by Moderator >> .Please make sure you are a professional engineer and that the answers are true before posting/emailing. The answers don't have to be that long, but please try to make them as detailed as you can! Thanks in advance! :)

Professional Background

a) Interviewee's Name:
b) Interviewee's Specific Degree:
c) Interviewee's place of employment:
d) Interviewee's email address: (I don't think this one is that necessary so if you don't feel comfortable for me using it in my project, don't put it)

Professional Interview

1) Please describe your engineering field.
2) What is your current job title?
3) Please describe your particular job and duties.
4) What is your average work schedule?
5) Starting with high school, describe your educational background chronologically.
6) If you had to do it all over, related to your career or education, would you do anything differently?
7) What advice would you give to me as someone interested in pursuing a career path similar to yours?

These are the 4 questions I made up myself:

8) What is your favorite part about your job/engineering field and why?
9) Describe one downside of your job/engineering field?
10) What is the greatest achievement you have accomplished during your experience as an engineer?
11) What is your main goal in the future of your engineering career right now?

I'm going to be using the answers on my project. Again, I would really appreciate it if an engineer could take time to answer these! I could use your answers ASAP, but you don't have to rush! Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
For privacy and anti-phishing reasons, we do not allow interview threads at the PF. Thread locked.

1. What qualifications and experience do you have as a professional engineer?

As a professional engineer, I have a Bachelor's degree in engineering and have completed the necessary licensing requirements in my field. I also have several years of experience working on various engineering projects, including those in the high school level.

2. What specific skills and knowledge do you bring to the high school engineering project?

I have a strong foundation in math and science, as well as extensive knowledge in my specialized field of engineering. I also have experience in project management, problem-solving, and critical thinking, which are essential skills in any engineering project.

3. How do you plan to engage and educate high school students in the engineering project?

I plan to use interactive and hands-on activities to engage students and help them understand the engineering concepts. I will also provide real-world examples and practical applications to make the project more relatable and interesting for students.

4. How do you ensure safety in the engineering project for high school students?

Safety is a top priority in any engineering project, especially when working with high school students. I will thoroughly assess and address any potential risks and implement safety protocols and guidelines to ensure the well-being of all participants. I will also provide proper training and supervision to students to minimize the chances of accidents.

5. Can you give an example of a successful high school engineering project you have worked on in the past?

One of the most successful high school engineering projects I have worked on was a bridge-building competition. The students were tasked to design and build a bridge using only popsicle sticks and glue. Through this project, students learned about structural engineering principles and teamwork. The competition was a success, and the students' bridges were able to hold a significant amount of weight, demonstrating their understanding of the engineering concepts and their ability to apply them in a practical setting.