I need to interview an engineer for a school project.

In summary, the conversation is about an individual's request for help with answering questions for an engineering class project. The questions include asking about the person's engineering field, job title, job duties, work schedule, educational background, any changes they would make in their career or education, and advice for someone interested in pursuing a similar career path. The person also mentions the need for an email address for verification purposes and the request to not share sensitive information in the comments.
willsilver
For my engineering class I have to interview a person who is currently an engineer. I was hoping somebody could help answer some questions, it'd be greatly appreciated. • Please describe your engineering field.

• What is your current job title?

• Please describe your particular job and duties.

• What is your average work schedule?

• Starting with high school, please describe your educational background chronologically.

• If you had it to do over, related to your career or education, would you do anything differently?

• What advice would you give to me as someone interested in pursuing a career path similar to yours?

*My teacher does want us to have an email address that way if needed he can verify that the answers were not falsely created. And PM's are intended, I don't want anybody putting sensitive information in the comments! I can't thank you enough for taking the time to answer these questions for me.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry, for privacy and anti-phishing reasons, Interview threads have not been allowed at the PF.

1. What type of engineer are you?

As a scientist, I am not an engineer. However, there are many types of engineers, such as mechanical, electrical, civil, and chemical. Each type of engineer specializes in different aspects of design, development, and construction.

2. What education and training is required to become an engineer?

To become an engineer, one typically needs a bachelor's degree in engineering. Depending on the specific field, a master's degree or additional certifications may also be required. In addition, engineers must continuously update their skills and knowledge through ongoing training and education.

3. What inspired you to become an engineer?

As a scientist, I am not an engineer. However, many engineers are inspired by a love of problem-solving and a desire to create innovative solutions to real-world problems. Others may have been influenced by a family member or mentor who is an engineer.

4. What are the most important skills for an engineer to have?

Some of the most important skills for an engineer to have include strong analytical and critical thinking skills, attention to detail, creativity and innovation, strong communication and teamwork skills, and the ability to continually learn and adapt to new technologies and techniques.

5. What are some common misconceptions about engineers?

Some common misconceptions about engineers include that they are all good at math, that they only work on big projects, and that they are all introverted and work alone. While math skills are important for some types of engineering, not all engineers use advanced math on a daily basis. Additionally, engineers work on projects of all sizes, from small-scale to large-scale, and they often collaborate with other professionals and work in teams.