OKCupid: Online Dating Adventures

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
In summary: I think they call them complexes now. If one is single and living in an apartment - how about the local apartment complex? ... I think they call them complexes now.
franznietzsche said:
You've never been stalked in your life by anything other than a polar bear and you know it.

And that seal...

Physics news on Phys.org
Pengwuino said:
And that seal...

Right, silly me, seals, not polar bears. Wrong part of the planet. You should move to greenland.

CosminaPrisma said:
Don't to forget to invite us and post pictures! :biggrin:
Nay, I'm just a dumb zoobie deluding myself. She did a really excellent job of letting me down easy, though, didn't she:

Lisa! said:
:sigh: How romantic!
I don't want you to betray to your zoobie identity! You do know that I'm not a zoobie and that's what's kept us apart from each other for whole our lives.:cry: :cry:

"I am a burning candle;
You are the morning light,
If I do not see You, I burn;
if I see You, I vanish.
This is my condition
in separation and closeness.
I can bear neither separation nor proximity."

Astronuc said:
Other than PF where Whozum and Gale met, has any other couple developed here?
Yep, I'm moving in with someone from here next week. I don't want to say who -- I'd rather surprise him.

I'll probably be in the LA/OC area in a few weeks for spring break if anyone is interested. I don't mean romantically interested, though. My heart will belong to the Los Angeles Dodgers starting in about a week or so, for the next six months.

My wife and I met on line through the Detroit Red Wings forum. Next thing I know, I'm living on Long Island.

honestrosewater said:
Yep, I'm moving in with someone from here next week. I don't want to say who -- I'd rather surprise him.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Me and myself met here and fell madly in love. I can never break us up. Its a terrible love triangle.

loseyourname said:
Don't worry, Pengwuino, you're missing nothing. There definitely aren't any awesome women that live in Fresno posting on PF.
There aren't any awesome women in Fresno...period.

loseyourname said:
I'll probably be in the LA/OC area in a few weeks for spring break if anyone is interested. I don't mean romantically interested, though. My heart will belong to the Los Angeles Dodgers starting in about a week or so, for the next six months.
I'd love to hang out if only I had a car that works.
Maybe next time.

Moonbear said:
And, yeah, Russ, what's wrong with the available women at PF?! :grumpy: Though, you might have to act quickly; I've already entered the "Win a Date with Tom Mattson" Contest. :biggrin:
Quickly, huh? Well, fyi, I have a little family reunion-type-thing in Cleveland this summer...

russ_watters said:
Quickly, huh? Well, fyi, I have a little family reunion-type-thing in Cleveland this summer...
Going to take along your telescope and stop by on the way through for some clear skies away from city lights?

Moonbear said:
Going to take along your telescope and stop by on the way through for some clear skies away from city lights?
I'm not sure yet - I'm not sure what the dates are and it depends on the moon situation (moon=bad).

russ_watters said:
I'm not sure yet - I'm not sure what the dates are and it depends on the moon situation (moon=bad).
Do you change into a werewolf?!

Actually, I do understand that. A group of the folks I work with were talking about that recently too, that we've all moved here from places with a lot more city lights, and we never noticed just how bright the moon can be all by itself! On a clear night, which we get a lot of, the moon can seem like someone shined a spotlight at the house.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I'd love to hang out if only I had a car that works.
Maybe next time.

Yeah, that's my problem too. I don't even have a car that doesn't work. Damn buses take hours to get anywhere.

Ok, I'll confess, I've been talking to someone I met online recently and I'm flying to meet them Sunday.

Evo said:
Ok, I'll confess, I've been talking to someone I met online recently and I'm flying to meet them Sunday.
Woo hoo! Did you tell him yet that the other PF mentors have approved the match? :biggrin: Good luck! (And tell him we know where he works, so if he does anything to hurt you, he's going to have to deal with us! :devil:)

Moonbear said:
Woo hoo! Did you tell him yet that the other PF mentors have approved the match? :biggrin: Good luck! (And tell him we know where he works, so if he does anything to hurt you, he's going to have to deal with us! :devil:)
:biggrin: I don't want to frighten him too much. :redface:

In order to remain calm I've decided to binge drink from now until I board the plane Sunday. The Evo Child will just push me onto the plane, it's non-stop, then I can just stagger off once the plane stops.

In order to remain calm I've decided to binge drink from now until I board the plane Sunday. The Evo Child will just push me onto the plane, it's non-stop, then I can just stagger off once the plane stops.

Hey, with that attitude you can pilot the airplane!

cyrusabdollahi said:
Hey, with that attitude you can pilot the airplane!
Oh now that would be fun. I don't know what would be so hard, it's not like you have to go around any sharp turns, you just go straight the whole way.

Evo said:
:biggrin: I don't want to frighten him too much. :redface:

Uh oh! Bad time for Greg to be taking the site off-line for repairs...you'll be going crazy without PF and thinking about the date ahead! (And we can recommend the appropriate PF mentor to follow you and make sure you're safe too...I won't say which because that would give away the location you're going to if you don't want to share that.)

Where are you flying to, east coast or west coast?

cyrusabdollahi said:
Where are you flying to, east coast or west coast?
Washington DC. I can't wait to hit the museums!

Oh my god, PF *is* going offline tonight. :cry:

What!? Hahhhahaah. Stop by, I am 20 min away. Ill buy you a drink! Are you flying into National? The weather is finally becoming nice around here.

cyrusabdollahi said:
What!? Hahhhahaah. Stop by, I am 20 min away. Ill buy you a drink! Are you flying into National? The weather is finally becoming nice around here.
If he runs out of the airport screaming, can I call you? :blushing:

Reagan, is that National? Oh please don't let it rain while I'm there, my hair will get frizzy. :frown:

If he runs out of the airport screaming, can I call you?

Yeah, Regan=National. It's one nice airport. I will have to think about that...ok fineeeeeeeeeeeeee. :rolleyes:

Oh please don't let it rain while I'm there, my hair will get frizzy.

I don't think it's supposed to rain. You should get him to take you to Georgetown for dinner, it's nice down there on a saturday night by the waterfront.

Oh, and go to the museum of natural history. They have all the jewelery from kings and queens. That's something you would enjoy.

I don't know if all these are still on display or not, but ALL the women had their noses to the glass displays!

http://www.gimizu.de/sgmcol/

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
Yeah, Regan=National. It's one nice airport. I will have to think about that...ok fineeeeeeeeeeeeee. :rolleyes:
Thank you. <sniff>

You should get him to take you to Georgetown for dinner, it's nice down there on a saturday night by the waterfront.
Oooh, yeah. I lived in DC for four years, but that was ages ago. I remember this really nice restaurant on the river I went to, I think it was on the Virginia side. Damn, where was it?

Sequoia's Restaurant?

cyrusabdollahi said:
Oh, and go to the museum of natural history. They have all the jewelery from kings and queens. That's something you would enjoy.

I don't know if all these are still on display or not, but ALL the women had their noses to the glass displays!

http://www.gimizu.de/sgmcol/
Oh yeah, I'm definitely visiting the museum of natural history. :approve:

cyrusabdollahi said:
Sequoia's Restaurant?
I think that's it, we always sat outside. I can't wait to get fresh seafood. There is no such thing as fresh seafood in Kansas.

Last edited:
Evo said:
If he runs out of the airport screaming, can I call you? :blushing:

Reagan, is that National? Oh please don't let it rain while I'm there, my hair will get frizzy. :frown:
It's supposed to be nice weather this side of the country. Now that you've said where you're going, we can openly admit we're planning to have enigma stalk you. :biggrin: Now we can count on Cyrus too...he and enigma can take shifts so you've got round the clock surveillance. If your date tries to escape, they'll nab him and drag him back. :approve: I'm a 3 1/2 hour drive away...but, if we get the distress signal, the turbo-charged RV can get me there in 10 min.

Evo, your not in Kansas anymore. :rofl:

DC, is AWESOME< provided you have MONEY. :frown:

Sequoia's is on the DC side, where all the people park their boats, just across from under the bridge.

http://www.arkrestaurants.com/section_home.cfm?section_id=1&location_id=2&restaurant_id=15&sub_section_id=1&menu_type_id=3

Is that it? You have expensive taste :tongue:.

Get some crabcakes. I love eating crab cakes. Daily Grill has good crabcakes. Did I mention crab cakes? Did I? Did I?

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
Oh yeah, I'm definitely visiting the museum of natural history. :approve:
I'm sure that's going to be a very memorable tour! I wish I could crash just for the tour you'll get! :biggrin:

cyrusabdollahi said:
Get some crabcakes. I love eating crab cakes. Daily Grill has good crabcakes. Did I mention crab cakes? Did I? Did I?
No getting crabs on a first date! :grumpy: :biggrin:

(And stop making me hungry...I love MD crabcakes! They're the best in the country. :approve:)

Moonbear said:
It's supposed to be nice weather this side of the country. Now that you've said where you're going, we can openly admit we're planning to have enigma stalk you. :biggrin: Now we can count on Cyrus too...he and enigma can take shifts so you've got round the clock surveillance.
:biggrin:

If your date tries to escape, they'll nab him and drag him back. :approve:
I like that plan. He just needs to get to know me, right? :wink:

I'm a 3 1/2 hour drive away...but, if we get the distress signal, the turbo-charged RV can get me there in 10 min.
Keep the engine warmed up, I might need to call in reinforcements.