Electronic Books: Recommended for C&I Apprentices

In summary, the conversation is about a first year apprentice in the trade of control and instrumentation looking for recommended books on electronics. The conversation mentions two books on Amazon and also suggests checking out a free downloadable book on the basics of electricity and electronics. The conversation also mentions a personal recommendation for a book on basic electronics.
Keeeen
So I'm in my first year of my apprenticeship and my trade is control and instrumentation. But the first year of the course consists of electronics and I'm looking for some recommended books.

Engineering news on Phys.org
“This tutorial is a brief introduction to the concepts of charge, voltage, and current. This tutorial is not as long and tedious as a college textbook, yet it contains more information than students are likely to find in an elementary schoolbook.”
http://www.swansontec.com/set.html

I first learned electronics in Navy schools, so I am a little biased. So, if anyone is serious about learning electricity and electronics, this free downloadable book is the best choice possible!
“Here is the "Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses" (NAVPERS 10622) in its entirety (or will be eventually). It should provide one of the Internet's best resources for people seeking a basic electricity course - complete with examples worked out (links to quizzes at end of chapters).
Electricity - Basic Navy Training Courses
NAVPERS 10622
PREFACE
This book is intended as a basic reference for all enlisted men of the Navy whose duties require them to have a knowledge of the fundamentals of electricity.”
http://www.rfcafe.com/references/electrical/Electricity%20-%20Basic%20Navy%20Training%20Courses/electricity%20-%20basic%20navy%20training%20courses.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are electronic books?

Electronic books, also known as e-books, are digital versions of traditional print books that can be read on electronic devices such as computers, tablets, or e-readers.

2. How can electronic books benefit C&I apprentices?

Electronic books can benefit C&I apprentices in several ways. They provide easy access to a wide range of educational resources, including textbooks, training manuals, and industry publications. They also allow for interactive learning through features like audio and video content, quizzes, and simulations. Additionally, e-books are often more affordable and convenient to carry around compared to traditional print books.

3. Are there any disadvantages to using electronic books for C&I apprentices?

While electronic books have many benefits, there are some potential disadvantages for C&I apprentices. These may include distractions from other apps or notifications on electronic devices, eye strain from staring at screens for extended periods, and the need for reliable internet access to access and download e-books.

4. Can electronic books replace traditional print books for C&I apprentices?

It ultimately depends on personal preference and the content of the book. Some people may prefer the physical feel and experience of reading a traditional print book, while others may find electronic books more convenient and practical. However, as technology continues to advance, it is likely that electronic books will become more prevalent in education and may eventually replace traditional print books entirely.

5. Where can I find recommended electronic books for C&I apprentices?

There are various sources for finding recommended electronic books for C&I apprentices. These may include online bookstores, educational websites, and professional organizations in the C&I industry. Additionally, your instructor or employer may have specific recommendations for e-books to use for your apprenticeship.