Wanna try my webcam paintball/laserdome robot?

• Thread starter magi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Robot
In summary, the conversation discusses a web cam robot that has been equipped with paintball and laserdome weapons, as well as a red dot aim. The creator of the robot is considering creating an internet game where users can control the robot and hunt real people in a paintball/laserdome battle. However, there are concerns about delays for users in different parts of the world and the availability of players. The creator is also planning to build more robots for battles and is hoping to work with laserdome/paintball fields to make the game more accessible.
magi
Hi.

I have built a web cam robot that you can control from any pc in the world.

I have equiped it with paintball and laserdome weapons and a red dot aim.

http://media.putfile.com/Tank_paintball_1

Do you think it would be interesting to have a Internet game with real webcamrobots in a paintball/laserdome battle and be able to hunt real people with the robot?

--------------------
Scandinavia and north of Europe get a delay/lag around 0.3-0.5 sec.
The rest of the world get a delay/lag around 1-3 sec becouse they have a satellite link.
Some few people get lucky and don't get a satellite link from USA or Australia and then get a delay/lag around 0.5-1 sec.
I will try to upgrade the web camera robots, so they will be able to compeate against real people on a paintball/laserdome arena/field.
--------------------

If you have the time you can answer some questions here

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?id=39391

If you havnt time just answer one of them.
------------------------------------------

Check this text that an Australian wrote after taking a drive with my tank from the other side of the world:

http://www.roaringsnake.com/misc/article_tank.htm

Regards Magi

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
magi said:
Do you think it would be interesting to have a Internet game with real webcamrobots in a paintball/laserdome battle and be able to hunt real people with the robot?
hahahah :tongue2: :tongue2:

And how is it running 24/7?

Interesting concept. It would have been nice if you did this in AJAX instead of ActiveX. Us Linux and Mac users would like a chance at driving the tank too.

:biggrin: Yes, yes, yes, make it so us Mac users can play too! I want to pelt people with paintballs! :biggrin:

So, how would that work in terms of having multiple users (would there be multiple robots, or you have to wait in a queue for your turn, or it's free-for-all?), and if they're playing against real people, would it just be whenever you had customers to play a real game who agreed to have this "wildcard" in the game of a robot that could decide to shoot at any of them, or would you have people who were paid to play (or act?) so there would always be players on the field if someone was online wanting to play? Afterall, it wouldn't be much fun if everytime I logged in, it was the middle of the night in Sweden and nobody was around to shoot at.

If you can overcome those issues, it sounds like a really fun idea. All the fun of paintball without the welts! It might be more fun for the live players too. Imagine the added strategy you'd need to include in a game if you had to account for this robot shooting at anyone at anytime, trying to avoid it yourself while forcing your opponents out toward it. :biggrin:

Learning Curve said:
hahahah :tongue2: :tongue2:

And how is it running 24/7?

I was sitting up nights the first 2 months so that americans and australians could get a test drive but not any more. :)

Just contact me and ask if I have time to give u a test drive.

Moonbear said:
:biggrin: Yes, yes, yes, make it so us Mac users can play too! I want to pelt people with paintballs! :biggrin:

So, how would that work in terms of having multiple users (would there be multiple robots, or you have to wait in a queue for your turn, or it's free-for-all?), and if they're playing against real people, would it just be whenever you had customers to play a real game who agreed to have this "wildcard" in the game of a robot that could decide to shoot at any of them, or would you have people who were paid to play (or act?) so there would always be players on the field if someone was online wanting to play? Afterall, it wouldn't be much fun if everytime I logged in, it was the middle of the night in Sweden and nobody was around to shoot at.

If you can overcome those issues, it sounds like a really fun idea. All the fun of paintball without the welts! It might be more fun for the live players too. Imagine the added strategy you'd need to include in a game if you had to account for this robot shooting at anyone at anytime, trying to avoid it yourself while forcing your opponents out toward it. :biggrin:

------------------

As it is now not many people contact me for a drive so there is no queue.
It is one person per webcamrobot to control it.
The rest of the world can get a view from the robot but not control it.
I am planning to build some more for battles.

I try to get laserdome/paintball fields to have some of my robots so when that happens there will only be people daytime, but if i sell robots to battle fields all over the world, there will of course be people to battle against 24/7.

Regards Magi

Last edited:
Question

How do you use the robot?

1. What is a webcam paintball/laserdome robot?

A webcam paintball/laserdome robot is a remote-controlled robot equipped with a paintball gun or laser tag equipment that can be controlled through a webcam interface. It allows users to play paintball or laser tag games remotely, without physically being present at the location.

2. How does it work?

The robot is controlled through a webcam interface, where users can see a live video feed from the robot's point of view. Users can control the movement of the robot and aim and shoot the paintball gun or laser tag equipment using the webcam interface.

3. What are the benefits of using this type of robot?

This type of robot allows people to play paintball or laser tag games from the comfort of their own home or any location with internet access. It also eliminates the need for a physical location and equipment, making it a more cost-effective and convenient option.

4. Is it safe to use?

Yes, this type of robot is designed with safety in mind. The paintball gun or laser tag equipment is not powerful enough to cause any harm, and the robot is operated remotely, ensuring that players are not in harm's way.

5. Are there any limitations to using this type of robot?

One limitation is that the robot can only be used in areas with a stable internet connection. Additionally, the range of the robot's movement may be limited, depending on the size of the playing area. Lastly, the robot may not be able to replicate the same experience as playing in person, but it provides a unique and fun alternative.