Register to reply

0.0 K + Planc temperature

by jcbtaylor168
Tags: plank, temperature
Share this thread:
jcbtaylor168
Aug27-14, 01:07 PM
P: 2
I am curious as to what would happen if you took something that was as cold as you can get and mixed it with something that is as hot as you can get. I have bin wondering for a long time. I believe it would cause an explosion of some sort.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
'Squid skin' metamaterials project yields vivid color display
Team finds elusive quantum transformations near absolute zero
Scientists control surface tension to manipulate liquid metals (w/ Video)
euquila
Aug27-14, 01:26 PM
P: 56
Not necessarily. What if there is a very strong resister separating the 2 systems (like a very narrow pipe 10 angstroms wide).
ChrisVer
Aug27-14, 02:54 PM
P: 1,014
it depends, for example why would they explode? I guess because:
Naturally you wouldn't be able to bring them too close together because there would be a large repulsion between them (due to the particle flow from the higher temp to the 0K object because it has much more energy states free for them and in order to bring thermodynamical equilibrium).

jcbtaylor168
Sep4-14, 05:35 PM
P: 2
0.0 K + Planc temperature

ChrisVer could you use that repulsion to generate lift?
ChrisVer
Sep4-14, 06:01 PM
P: 1,014
in general yes.. I don't see a reason why it cannot.

Register to reply