Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo Released

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing the release of the next installment in the Unreal Tournament series and the availability of clients for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The conversation also touches on the comparison between Unreal Tournament and Halo, with some users preferring one over the other. The addition of new items and features in Unreal Tournament is also mentioned.
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
For all you gamers addicted to FPS, now you can get your hands on the next installment of the Unreal Tournament series. Clients are available in three different flavors: Windows, Mac, and Linux. Here is the download link:

http://www.unrealtournament.com/utgoty/downloads.php

Now get out there and frag some people!

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
bah, who needs Unreal. I'm still waiting for Halo 2

Great, I might get it for my Mac. Halo just came out for OS X too.

Both games, halo and UT are great games, i personally like ut 2004 over 2003, and i think the additional items in UT really make UT once again a great game. Features needed to be added because of the additional items and features of that of like BF1942 and Halo and of course HL.

Halo is still the best

Originally posted by MacTech
i personally like ut 2004 over 2003, and i think the additional items in UT really make UT once again a great game.
I didn't play all the levels, but I didn't see a whole lot of difference. They did add (resurrect) more game types and took a few things form Quake3 ("Space CTF" took several years off my life).

Downloading it was fun though: I'd heard rumors that Comcast upgraded their connections but hadn't seen it before. I downloaded the demo in about 8 min, roughly 3mb. Yeeeeeehaaaa.

1. What is Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo?

Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo is a free trial version of the popular first-person shooter video game, Unreal Tournament 2004. It allows players to experience a limited version of the game before purchasing the full version.

2. Where can I download Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo?

The demo can be downloaded from various online gaming platforms, such as Steam or Epic Games Store. It can also be found on the official Unreal Tournament website.

3. What are the system requirements for running Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo?

The minimum system requirements for the demo are a Windows 98/2000/ME/XP operating system, a 1.2 GHz processor, 256 MB RAM, and a DirectX 9 compatible graphics card. However, it is recommended to have a 2.0 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM, and a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card for optimal performance.

4. What game modes are available in Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo?

The demo includes the "Deathmatch" and "Onslaught" game modes, which allow players to compete against each other or work together to complete objectives. It also includes a limited selection of maps, characters, and weapons.

5. Can I play online with the Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo?

Yes, the demo supports online multiplayer with up to 16 players. However, it is important to note that the number of online servers for the demo may be limited compared to the full version of the game.