Graduate School Application Statistics Site?

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of a website that lists individual grad school applications and their corresponding grades, GRE scores, sex, race, and admission status. The speaker mentions a similar website for Harvard Law School, but notes that grad school admission decisions are heavily based on recommendations, making such a list potentially unhelpful.
K.J.Healey
A saw a site in a previous topic that listed grad school application reception dates and status, and was wondering:
Is there a site that has a list of grad schools, and lists individual applications and their grades/gre scores, sex and race and whether they were accepted or not?
I think something like this would be quite valuable, as it would actually give me a basis for my decision on where I need not apply.

Thanks if there is one, if not let's make it!

Physics news on Phys.org
Healey01 said:
A saw a site in a previous topic that listed grad school application reception dates and status, and was wondering:
Is there a site that has a list of grad schools, and lists individual applications and their grades/gre scores, sex and race and whether they were accepted or not?
I think something like this would be quite valuable, as it would actually give me a basis for my decision on where I need not apply.

Thanks if there is one, if not let's make it!

They had something like this for Harvard Law School - I recall - called "Grids". But law school admission decisions are highly dependent on GPA and LSAT scores.

Such a list for grad school would be close to useless since recommendations are dominant.

There are a few websites and resources that provide statistics and data on graduate school applications and admissions. One example is the Council of Graduate Schools, which publishes an annual report on graduate enrollment and degrees. This report includes data on demographics, admission rates, and test scores for graduate students in different fields and at different institutions.

Another resource is the National Center for Education Statistics, which has a searchable database of graduate programs and their admissions data. This can be helpful in comparing different programs and their acceptance rates.

Additionally, many individual universities and graduate schools publish their own admissions statistics on their websites. This can give you a better understanding of the specific applicant pool and admissions criteria for each program.

However, it is important to keep in mind that these statistics are just one aspect of the decision-making process for graduate school. Admissions decisions are based on a variety of factors and each applicant's experience may be unique. It is also important to consider factors such as program fit, faculty research interests, and financial aid opportunities when making a decision on where to apply. Good luck with your search!

1. What is the purpose of the Graduate School Application Statistics Site?

The purpose of the site is to provide data and information on graduate school application statistics for prospective students. This can include acceptance rates, average GRE scores, and other relevant information to help students make informed decisions about their graduate school choices.

2. How accurate is the data on the Graduate School Application Statistics Site?

The data on the site is collected from official sources such as the universities themselves or from reputable surveys. However, it is important to note that the data may vary depending on the year and specific program, and should be used as a general guide rather than a definitive source.

3. Can I trust the rankings on the Graduate School Application Statistics Site?

The site does not provide rankings, but rather presents the data in an organized and easily accessible manner. It is up to the individual to interpret and use the data to make their own informed decisions about graduate school choices.

4. Is the Graduate School Application Statistics Site free to use?

Yes, the site is free to use and does not require any registration or payment. It is open to the public and is intended to be a helpful resource for anyone considering graduate school.

5. How often is the data on the Graduate School Application Statistics Site updated?

The site is regularly updated with the most recent available data. However, the frequency of updates may vary depending on the source of the data and the availability of new information. Users are encouraged to check the dates of the data to ensure they are viewing the most recent information.