Feynman Lectures: Is It Worth The Money?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a person asking for opinions on whether they have made a good purchase of Feynman lectures on ebay, considering their age and level of knowledge in particle physics. They mention that they believe it was a random purchase and better than spending money on food and drink. Another person shares their positive experience with Feynman lectures and recommends looking at similar threads for more information.
mr-tom
Okay I've just paid £50 for the feynman lectures on ebay, waiting for it in the post.

Anyone here have it and can tell me whether I've wasted my money (i'm 17 and havn't even started learning particle physics yet, I've just finished AS levels).

Am I going to understand it or not? Also is it any good?

Physics news on Phys.org
These are things you're supposed to find out before buying a book :wink:.

It was a random act of madness while browsing ebay. It's better than spending it on food and drink.

I think of them as a good investment. Feynman, in his recorded and written lectures explained the conceptional aspects of my introductory physics class a lot better than my professor with a thick Russian accent who could rarely understand the questions that were posed to him.

If you look at the bottom at the page at the similar threads I think you will find similar questions to your own.

1. What are the Feynman Lectures?

The Feynman Lectures are a series of physics lectures given by Nobel Prize-winning physicist Richard Feynman. They cover a wide range of topics in physics, from basic concepts to more advanced theories.

2. Are the Feynman Lectures worth the money?

As a scientist, I can confidently say that the Feynman Lectures are definitely worth the money. They are considered a classic in the field of physics and are highly recommended by many experts in the field. The lectures are well-written, engaging, and provide a thorough understanding of the subject matter.

3. How much do the Feynman Lectures cost?

The price of the Feynman Lectures can vary depending on the format and edition you choose. The most recent edition, which includes all three volumes, is priced at around $120. However, older editions or individual volumes may be available at a lower cost.

4. Who should purchase the Feynman Lectures?

The Feynman Lectures are suitable for anyone with an interest in physics, from high school students to professionals in the field. They are also a great resource for those studying for exams or looking to deepen their understanding of physics concepts.

5. Are there any other resources that can provide similar information to the Feynman Lectures?

While the Feynman Lectures are highly recommended, there are other resources available that cover similar topics in physics. Some popular alternatives include textbooks, online courses, and other lecture series. However, the Feynman Lectures are unique in their approach and are considered a must-read for anyone interested in physics.