Request for a book: Chemical Thermodynamic by Peter Rock A.

In summary, the person would like to download a free ebook of Chemical Thermodynamic by Peter Rock A. from Google Books, but they don't know how to convert it to a pdf.
kthouz
Hello!
Does anyone have a free ebook of Chemical Thermodynamic by Peter Rock A.?

Science news on Phys.org
Thank you tiny-tim, i saw it but i would like to keep it on my PC in order to consult it always because i don't have internet access everytime.

I tried saving it to my computer, and it seems to have downloaded ok.

tiny-tim said:
I tried saving it to my computer, and it seems to have downloaded ok.
How did you it please? Would you tell me which technique did you use?

I clicked the link to show the book, and then pressed command-S (on my iMac) to save it as a webpage. :smile:

tiny-tim said:
I clicked the link to show the book, and then pressed command-S (on my iMac) to save it as a webpage. :smile:

Oh lucky you are! I use a windows PC so i don't have that command-S. Is there any other alternative to save it as PDF on any OS?

oooh, don't know anything about PCs. :redface:

I don't think it is a pdf, so I don't think you can save it as one.

(But it's as good as a pdf … the search facility works just as it does online.)

Can't a PC save an ordinary webpage?​

PC can save ordinary pages but it does not apply for books.google.com. what you get, is empty pages unless one tries to go back to caches and save them as pictures. But it is a long process and sometimes the pages are not clear as online ones. can i ask you a favor?
If it is not complicated would you please download it and convert it in PDf and then after you will upload it on sendspace.com in order to let me access it easily?

Sorry, I don't think they can be converted to pdf …

and if they can, I've no idea how to do it. :redface:

I put this: "how to download books from google books" in google and got the following interesting result: http://book.leechvideo.com/.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the main topic of the book?

The main topic of "Chemical Thermodynamics" by Peter Rock A. is the study of energy and its transformations in chemical systems.

2. Who is the author of the book?

The author of "Chemical Thermodynamics" is Peter Rock A., a renowned scientist and professor in the field of chemical engineering.

3. What is the level of difficulty of the book?

The book is considered to be of intermediate difficulty, suitable for students and professionals with a basic understanding of chemistry and thermodynamics.

4. What makes this book unique compared to other books on the same topic?

This book stands out due to its clear and concise explanations, numerous real-world examples, and practical applications of thermodynamics in chemistry and engineering.

5. Is this book suitable for self-study or is it recommended to be used in a classroom setting?

While this book can be used for self-study, it is also highly recommended for use in a classroom setting, as it contains exercises and problem sets that can aid in better understanding of the subject matter.