Need a little help on another question folks

• Thread starter jonobono
  • Start date
In summary, the student is looking for help with homework, and has received help from a tutor and from another person, but is still struggling with a few equations.
jonobono

Homework Statement

right I've got a transformer question but I have no clue on what equations it requires.
the circuit. it has a 220 RMS voltage with a dual transformer with 240-0 : 6-0 6-0 written beneath. there is then a combination of 4 diodes and a capacitor of 470uF value. we then have a voltage regulator with reference voltage of 1.25 volts and two resistors, the top one being 130ohms and the bottom being 600 ohms. there is one more capacitor of 47uF and then an 100mA fuse

[ b]2. Homework Equations [/b]
this is why i need your help folks I can't seem to find the equations in the notes i have.

The Attempt at a Solution

im afraid i can't give you answers since I don't have equations. but I am being brutaly honest i need the equations within 4 hours if I am going to get the question done in time.

Physics news on Phys.org
jonobono said:

Homework Statement

right I've got a transformer question but I have no clue on what equations it requires.
the circuit. it has a 220 RMS voltage with a dual transformer with 240-0 : 6-0 6-0 written beneath. there is then a combination of 4 diodes and a capacitor of 470uF value. we then have a voltage regulator with reference voltage of 1.25 volts and two resistors, the top one being 130ohms and the bottom being 600 ohms. there is one more capacitor of 47uF and then an 100mA fuse

[ b]2. Homework Equations [/b]
this is why i need your help folks I can't seem to find the equations in the notes i have.

The Attempt at a Solution

im afraid i can't give you answers since I don't have equations. but I am being brutaly honest i need the equations within 4 hours if I am going to get the question done in time.

Sounds like a standard transformer --> full wave bridge rectifier --> adjustable linear voltage regulator. Here's the LM317 datasheet to get you going:

http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LM117.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the previous help. I've also received extra help from my tutor. however he isn't clear on a couple of the equations as well as me, namely Vripple and the Vref ( he knows it 1+, but doesn't know which way the resistors should be Either Rtop/Rbottom or the other way round. be great if anyone could help within the hour.

Thanks!

FAQ: Need a little help on another question folks

1. What is the purpose of "Need a little help on another question folks"?

The phrase "Need a little help on another question folks" is a common way to request assistance or clarification on a specific topic or question.

2. Is "Need a little help on another question folks" a formal or informal phrase?

This phrase is considered to be informal and is commonly used in casual conversations or online forums.

3. Can "Need a little help on another question folks" be used in a professional setting?

While this phrase may be acceptable in a less formal professional setting, it is generally not appropriate for formal or academic contexts. It is best to use more specific and direct language when seeking help in these settings.

4. How can I use "Need a little help on another question folks" effectively?

To use this phrase effectively, be sure to provide enough context and detail about the question or topic you need help with. This will help others understand your request and provide relevant assistance. It is also important to be polite and respectful when using this phrase.

5. Are there alternative phrases to "Need a little help on another question folks"?

Yes, there are many alternative phrases that can be used to request assistance, such as "Could you please help me with another question?" or "I'm looking for some guidance on another topic, can you help?" It is always helpful to be specific and direct when asking for help, rather than relying on a generic phrase.