For nanoelectronics,which branch in engineering undergraduate helpful

In summary, if you want to learn nanotechnology during your MS in engineering, you should opt for an engineering science degree or a degree in engineering.
hedayat
Friend,this year in 2008 , i am going to take admission in engineering undergraduate program in india.In India there is no scope for nanotechnology/nanoelectronics. Which branch should i choose during Btech/BS, so that it will be helpful in learning nanoelectronics during MS?For financial reasons i can't go abroad now,so i am planning to go for Btech/BS in india.

Physics news on Phys.org
hedayat said:
Friend,this year in 2008 , i am going to take admission in engineering undergraduate program in india.In India there is no scope for nanotechnology/nanoelectronics. Which branch should i choose during Btech/BS, so that it will be helpful in learning nanoelectronics during MS?For financial reasons i can't go abroad now,so i am planning to go for Btech/BS in india.

What's Btech? I've always saw nanotechnology as a physics/electrical engineering type of area.

engineering science. Well basically engineering science and nanotechnology is same thing.

b tech is in India as BS is in usa.simplu entry level of engineering

hedayat said:

hi there, if u're talkin abt nanoelectronics in specific, u shud opt for electronics engineering.
or if u're interested more in nanoprocessing/fabrication, u can try chemical engg.
even mechanical engg could help you if u're interested in NEMS (Nano electro mechanical systems).
Nanotech is interdisciplinary, so u can't confine yourself to one discipline. even if u major in say jus electronics engg, u could out of ur self-interest and initiatives try learning the other related stuff that fall outside the domain of EE.
goodluck!

thnx brother vijay...any more please

Last edited:

1. What is nanoelectronics?

Nanoelectronics is a branch of electronics that deals with the design, manufacture, and application of devices and systems at the nanoscale, which is approximately 1 to 100 nanometers in size. This field utilizes the principles of quantum mechanics and nanotechnology to create smaller, faster, and more efficient electronic devices.

2. What are some examples of nanoelectronics?

Some common examples of nanoelectronics include transistors, sensors, and memory devices, which are used in computers, smartphones, and other electronic devices. Nanoelectronics is also used in medical devices, such as biosensors and drug delivery systems, and in renewable energy technologies, such as solar cells and batteries.

3. What branch of engineering is most helpful for nanoelectronics?

Nanoelectronics is a highly interdisciplinary field that draws upon various branches of engineering, including electrical, mechanical, materials, and chemical engineering. However, electrical engineering is typically the most helpful for nanoelectronics as it focuses on the design and development of electronic devices and systems.

4. What skills are important for a career in nanoelectronics?

Some important skills for a career in nanoelectronics include a strong foundation in mathematics and physics, attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and knowledge of computer-aided design (CAD) software. Additionally, familiarity with nanotechnology and experience in research and development can also be valuable for this field.

5. What are the current challenges in nanoelectronics?

One of the main challenges in nanoelectronics is the scalability of devices to even smaller sizes. As devices approach the nanoscale, they are subject to quantum effects and can behave unpredictably. Additionally, the integration of different materials and components at the nanoscale can be challenging, and there are concerns about the potential environmental and health impacts of nanomaterials. Another challenge is the high cost and complexity of nanoelectronic fabrication processes.