Can I Make a 5-Lambda EM Wave?

In summary, the conversation is about creating a pulse with a length of 5 wavelengths and the potential energy difference between a single wave with a length of 300m and a pulse with a length of 5 times 300m. The minimum pulse duration is also discussed, which depends on the spectral content and can be researched further using terms such as "Fourier-transform limited pulse" or "time-bandwidth limited pulse".
phabos
is it possible to make am em wave of length 5(lamda)...lamda=wavelength of em wave...

Physics news on Phys.org
You want to make a pulse with a wavelength that is 5 times its own wavelength?

I think he means to make a pulse that is five wavelengths long.

Don't make no sense at all. A pulse has many many harmonics.

What's wrong with turning the transmitter on... waiting until 5 wavelengths go out... then shutting it off?

The minimum pulse duration that can be achieved depends on the spectral content of the pulse (i.e. the bandwidth). Look up "Fourier-transform limited pulse" or "time-bandwidth limited pulse".

Claude.

yes i mean 5 times of wavelength.but is there any difference in energy produced by a wave of length =300m and and 5*300(5 pulse)..

1. Can I create a 5-Lambda EM wave in a laboratory setting?

Yes, it is possible to create a 5-Lambda EM wave in a laboratory. However, it would require advanced equipment and techniques, and may not be feasible for most scientists.

2. What is a 5-Lambda EM wave?

A 5-Lambda EM wave refers to an electromagnetic wave with a wavelength that is 5 times longer than the standard wavelength of the electromagnetic spectrum.

3. What are the potential applications of a 5-Lambda EM wave?

A 5-Lambda EM wave has potential applications in various fields such as remote sensing, communication, and medical imaging. It can also be used to study the properties and behavior of electromagnetic waves.

4. How is a 5-Lambda EM wave different from other EM waves?

A 5-Lambda EM wave has a longer wavelength compared to other EM waves. This means that it has a lower frequency and carries less energy. It also behaves differently when interacting with matter.

5. Is a 5-Lambda EM wave dangerous to humans?

No, a 5-Lambda EM wave is not dangerous to humans. It falls under the category of radio waves which are generally considered to be safe. However, as with any type of energy, caution should be taken when working with high-powered equipment.