Where can i purchase a superconductor?

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is working on a project to build a model of a levitating train. They have all the necessary materials except for a superconductor, and they are seeking help in finding a store that sells superconductors or a substitute. Another person in the conversation is interested in making a similar project and asks for more information about the magnet disposition and stability control.
CAN111
I have to complete a project in a weeks time but i am missing a vital part to the project.
I am building a model of a levitating train and have all the magnets and tracks ready i also have liquid nitrogen ordered, unfortunately i am unable to find any form of superconductor. Any help is appreciated. please tell me about any stores which may sell superconductors or a substitute which does the same things.
thanx in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello,
I want made a project like yours, can u send me detailed information how u made your work (magnet disposition, stability control and so on).
Thank you
Stefano

1. Where can I find a superconductor for purchase?

Superconductors can be found for purchase at specialized scientific supply stores or online from reputable retailers.

2. Are superconductors available for purchase to the general public?

While some basic superconductors may be available for purchase to the general public, more advanced and expensive superconductors are typically only available for purchase by scientists and researchers with specialized training.

3. What are the different types of superconductors available for purchase?

There are two main types of superconductors available for purchase: low-temperature superconductors, which require extremely cold temperatures to function, and high-temperature superconductors, which can operate at relatively higher temperatures.

4. Can I purchase a superconductor for personal use?

Due to their specialized nature and high cost, superconductors are typically not available for personal use. They are primarily used for scientific research and industrial applications.

5. How much does a superconductor typically cost?

The cost of a superconductor can vary greatly depending on the type and quality. Basic superconductors may cost a few hundred dollars, while more advanced and specialized superconductors can cost tens of thousands of dollars.