Emergence of Special and Doubly Special Relativity: A Statistical Perspective

• Thread starter qsa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sr
In summary, the authors of the paper "The emergence of Special and Doubly Special Relativity" propose a method for obtaining the exact Feynman propagator of a relativistic particle through a superstatistical average over non-relativistic single-particle paths. They suggest that this method could offer new insights into the debate about emergent relativity. They also show that a Brownian motion on a short scale can lead to a relativistic motion on larger scales, and discuss the implications for special and doubly special relativity. They also address issues such as canonical commutation relations and the connection with Feynman's chessboard model. In addition, the paper mentions a discussion about relativistic effective potential in regards to the author's model Q
qsa
a nice catch by atty ,what do you think.

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1105/1105.3930v1.pdf

The emergence of Special and Doubly Special Relativity
Authors: Petr Jizba, Fabio Scardigli
(Submitted on 19 May 2011)
Abstract: In a previous paper [Phys.Rev.D82, 085016(2010)] we introduced a method for obtaining the exact Feynman propagator of a relativistic particle (for both Klein-Gordon and Dirac case) from a superstatistical average over non-relativistic single-particle paths. We suggested that this method could offer new insights into the currently much debated issue of emergent relativity. In this paper we proceed further, showing that a Brownian motion on a short scale originates a relativistic motion on scales larger than particle's Compton wavelength. Viewed in this way, special relativity is not a primitive concept, but rather it statistically emerges when a coarse graining average over distances of order, or longer than the Compton wavelength is taken. We also present the modifications necessary to accommodate in our scheme the doubly special relativistic dynamics. In this way, an unsuspected, common statistical origin of the two frameworks is brought to light. Salient issues such as generalized canonical commutation relations, connection with Feynman chessboard model, and Hausforff dimensions of corresponding path-integral trajectories are also discussed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This might be interesting for unusualname since we were discussing relativistic effective potential few days ago in regard to my model QSA(quantum statistical automata) . I get relativistic correction without explicit SR.

posts #7,#11

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=499317

unusualname, you were correct it was driving me crazy, not anymore.

Good for you, post your model and its predictions in some coherent manner, otherwise stop posting nonsense about your recent "discoveries".

I have already explained to you that arbitrary random simulations may recover 1/r, 1/r^2 laws or whatever. You may get alpha but you may get pi by a buffon needle experiment, it is not significant or remotely interesting unless you get it from some coherently constrained model.

The fine structure constant is probably due to a complex statistical model of "virtual photon" interactions, so what?, have you modeled those interactions in a physically coherent manner, or have you just modeled something akin to buffons needle which throws out alpha because alpha has some mathematical relations to pi. (web search shows amazing numerology relations)

You are a crazy guy imho.

unusualname said:
Good for you, post your model and its predictions in some coherent manner, otherwise stop posting nonsense about your recent "discoveries".

I am sorry you have misunderstood me, I did not mean to boost about any discoveries or to offend you in any way. My purpose was to highlight the importance of the above mentioned paper. I only mentioned my experience with getting SR like effects (statistically) as an interesting little story. But their work is important not mine imho. And I thank you for all the constructive critisims and suggestions.

1. What is Special and Doubly Special Relativity?

Special and Doubly Special Relativity are theories that explain the relationship between space and time in the presence of high speeds and strong gravitational fields. They are extensions of the original theory of Special Relativity proposed by Albert Einstein in 1905.

2. What is the statistical perspective on the Emergence of Special and Doubly Special Relativity?

The statistical perspective on the emergence of Special and Doubly Special Relativity is a branch of physics that uses statistical methods to understand the behavior and properties of matter and energy at a microscopic level. It provides a statistical interpretation of the fundamental principles of Special and Doubly Special Relativity.

3. How does the statistical perspective help in understanding Special and Doubly Special Relativity?

The statistical perspective provides a probabilistic approach to understanding the principles of Special and Doubly Special Relativity. It helps in predicting the behavior of particles and their interactions at high speeds and in strong gravitational fields, which cannot be explained by classical physics.

4. What are some key concepts in the statistical perspective of Special and Doubly Special Relativity?

Some key concepts in the statistical perspective of Special and Doubly Special Relativity include the concept of entropy, which measures the disorder or randomness of a system, and the concept of symmetry, which plays a crucial role in understanding the fundamental laws of physics.

5. How is the statistical perspective of Special and Doubly Special Relativity relevant in modern research?

The statistical perspective of Special and Doubly Special Relativity is crucial in modern research as it helps in understanding the behavior of matter and energy in extreme conditions, such as black holes and the early universe. It also plays a key role in the development of theories, such as quantum gravity, that aim to unify the principles of Special and General Relativity with quantum mechanics.