Where can I find beginner-friendly physics videos to understand the universe?

In summary, the speaker is looking for recommendations for videos or YouTube lectures that would help them gain a basic understanding of physics for personal reasons. They mention having a low mathematical ability but are willing to learn calculus alongside the physics. They mention enjoying Leonard Susskind's lectures from Stanford as a potential resource.
conure
Hello all,

I am looking for a set of videos/youtube lectures which can take somebody from zero physics knowledge up to a decent standard. This is purely for personal reasons as I'm not taking exams and would just like to have a relatively good understanding of the universe (as we know it).

My mathematical ability is reasonably low (I'm a software developer - we don't tend to need much!) but I have a good grasp of mid level algebra, geometry, trigonometry, exponentials, logarithms...If any of these are any use. I know Calculus is pretty essential but perhaps I could learn that alongside it?

If anybody has suggestions please do let me know.

Physics news on Phys.org
I really enjoyed all of the Leonard Susskind lectures on physics from Stanford available on YouTube.

1. What is a basic video introduction?

A basic video introduction is a short video clip that is used at the beginning of a video to introduce the topic or the person speaking. It typically includes a brief overview of what the video will be about and may also include the name of the speaker or the title of the video.

2. Why is a basic video introduction important?

A basic video introduction is important because it helps to grab the viewer's attention and set the tone for the rest of the video. It also provides context and helps to establish credibility for the speaker or the content being presented.

3. How long should a basic video introduction be?

A basic video introduction should typically be between 5-10 seconds long. This is long enough to capture the viewer's attention, but short enough to avoid losing their interest before the main content of the video begins.

4. What elements should be included in a basic video introduction?

A basic video introduction should include the title of the video, the name of the speaker or presenter, and a brief overview of what the video will cover. It may also include background music or images to make it more engaging.

5. Can a basic video introduction be customized for different types of videos?

Yes, a basic video introduction can be customized to fit the specific needs of different types of videos. For example, a basic video introduction for a tutorial video may include the title of the tutorial and the name of the instructor, while a basic video introduction for a promotional video may include the title of the product or service being promoted and the company name.