Solving the Problem: Work, Power & Friction

In summary, the conversation is about finding the work done, power, and force of friction for an object being moved by a force of 5.0N at a speed of 2.5m/s for 25 seconds. The formula used is force * distance, with the force being 5.0N and the distance being unknown. The speed of the object is also mentioned as a constant 2.5 m/s.
soulja101
I can't get this question. I've tried everyway i could think but i still can't get it.

A force of 5.0N moves a 6.0kg object along a rough floor at 2.5m/s

11. How much work is done in 25s by the force.
12.what power is being developed.
13. what force of friction is acting on the object(magnitude only).

Physics news on Phys.org
What have you tried? Pick your best way. Let us see it.

I ve tried these formulas force*distance and m*g*h* they still don't work

You are on the right track with Force * distance. More details would be nice. What, exactly, did you use for Force and distance? How did you get it?

wat i used

i used 5.0N as the force and i got stuck there becuase i couldn't find the distance.

Your problem says that the speed is a constant 2.5 m/s. And then it asks how much work is done in 25 s...

What is work and how is it calculated?

Work is the amount of force applied to an object over a certain distance. It is calculated by multiplying the force applied by the distance traveled in the direction of the force.

What is power and how is it related to work?

Power is the rate at which work is done. It is the amount of work done in a given amount of time. The more power, the faster work is being done.

What is friction and how does it affect work?

Friction is the resistance to motion between two objects. It can affect work by reducing the efficiency of a machine or causing heat and energy loss in a system.

How can friction be reduced?

Friction can be reduced by using lubricants, smoothing surfaces, and reducing the weight of objects. Additionally, using wheels or ball bearings can also reduce friction.

What are some real-world applications of work, power, and friction?

Work, power, and friction are involved in many everyday activities, such as driving a car, riding a bike, and even walking. They are also important in industrial processes, such as manufacturing and transportation. Additionally, they play a crucial role in energy production and consumption, such as in the generation of electricity and the operation of machines.