Looking for a good Calculus-Based Mechanics book

In summary, the person is looking for a book to introduce them to calculus-based mechanics and e & m, as they have previously taken algebra-based courses. The suggested books are Halliday-Resnick's "Fundamentals of Physics" or "Physics", as well as Kleppner and Kolenkow's "An Introduction to Mechanics" for those with a background in calculus and differential equations. The person expresses gratitude for the recommendations.
sEsposito
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good book to introduce me to calculus based mechanics and e & m. I've taken courses on both of these, but they were algebra based and I'm looking to get a better insight into the calculus based stuff. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Physics news on Phys.org
sEsposito said:
Hey guys, I'm looking for a good book to introduce me to calculus based mechanics and e & m. I've taken courses on both of these, but they were algebra based and I'm looking to get a better insight into the calculus based stuff. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Start with the famous Halliday-Resnick's "Fundamentals of Physics" or "Physics".

The Halliday-Resnick-Krane-Walker book is a good start, if you've taken a first course in calculus and differential equations you can start off with Kleppner and Kolenkow An Introduction to Mechanics.

Thanks for the great recommendations guys... Greatly appreciated.

What is Calculus-Based Mechanics?

Calculus-Based Mechanics is the branch of physics that uses calculus to describe the motion and interaction of objects in a system.

Why is it important to use a good Calculus-Based Mechanics book?

A good Calculus-Based Mechanics book provides a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental principles and concepts of mechanics, which are essential for any further study or application in related fields.

What criteria should I consider when choosing a good Calculus-Based Mechanics book?

Some important criteria to consider when choosing a Calculus-Based Mechanics book include the author's credentials, the level of difficulty, the level of detail, and the use of real-world examples and applications.

Can you recommend some popular Calculus-Based Mechanics books?

Some popular Calculus-Based Mechanics books include "University Physics" by Young and Freedman, "Classical Mechanics" by John R. Taylor, and "Introduction to Classical Mechanics" by David Morin.

Are there any online resources or supplements that can enhance my learning from a Calculus-Based Mechanics book?

Yes, many online resources such as interactive simulations, practice problems, and video lectures are available to complement and enhance the learning experience from a Calculus-Based Mechanics book. Some books also come with online access codes for additional resources.