Seeking advice concerning submission to the archives

• Thread starter nrqed
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about submitting articles to the American Journal of Physics and the lanl archives. The person is seeking advice on whether they should also submit their articles to the archives and which category would be suitable for their topic. They also mention looking through back issues of AJP to find similar articles on the arxiv.
nrqed
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I apologize if this is not the proper forum for this question. But I can't think of a more relavant subforum and I know that people here have the experience necessary to answer my question.

I am working on two basic articles (one on quantum computing and one on th ecalculation fo scattering amplitudes in string theory) that I am planning to submit to the American Journal of Physics. There is nothing really new in these papers, just a repackaging of known results in a way that I consider is suitable for AmJPhys.
My question is this: do people submitting to AJP also submit their papers to the lanl archives? And if so, what would be the right archive to submit too for something pedagogical about string theory (with no new article)? It's too basic fro hep-th. It's not a physics education paper. It's not a research paper in quantum physics. Any suggestion?

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
I know I have seen AJP articles on the arxiv, but I can't remember under which headings.

Maybe you could look through some back issues of AJP for some interesting articles, and then seach the arxiv to see if the articles are also there.

George Jones said:
I know I have seen AJP articles on the arxiv, but I can't remember under which headings.

Maybe you could look through some back issues of AJP for some interesting articles, and then seach the arxiv to see if the articles are also there.

Thanks George, that's a good idea.

1. What is the purpose of submitting my work to the archives?

The archives serve as a repository for scientific research and data, making it easily accessible to other researchers and the public. By submitting your work, you are contributing to the advancement of knowledge in your field and increasing the visibility of your research.

2. What types of work can be submitted to the archives?

The archives accept a wide range of scientific work, including research papers, data sets, images, and videos. As long as the work is related to a scientific field and meets the submission guidelines, it can be submitted to the archives.

3. How do I know if my work is suitable for submission to the archives?

If your work has been peer-reviewed and is considered to be scientifically valid, it is likely suitable for submission to the archives. However, it is always best to check the specific guidelines and criteria of the archives you are submitting to.

4. Is there a cost associated with submitting to the archives?

In most cases, there is no cost to submit your work to the archives. However, some archives may have a small fee for processing and managing submissions. It is important to check the submission guidelines of the specific archives you are submitting to for any potential fees.

5. How long does it take for my submission to be processed and available in the archives?

The processing time for submissions can vary depending on the specific archives and the amount of submissions they receive. It is best to check the submission guidelines for an estimated processing time. However, it is important to note that the submission process may take several weeks or even months before your work is available in the archives.