Will heart beat be affected by MRI?

by oem7110
Tags: affected, beat, heart
ViewsofMars
May15-12, 10:09 AM
P: 463
Quote Quote by sophiecentaur View Post
I had an abdominal MRI scan recently (1.5T) and I reckon that I was aware of a slight heating effect. Is that possible or was it just subjective? I was not worried by the procedure so not 'wound up' at all.
Amongst all the noise I managed to doze off for a minute or two (naff all else to do and I had to stay still) but I was sure that I felt a bit of local heating 'down there'.
Hi sophiecentaur I'm highlighting in red what the Radiological Society of North America has stated:

What will I experience during and after the procedure?

Most MRI exams are painless. However, some patients find it uncomfortable to remain still during MR imaging. Others experience a sense of being closed-in (claustrophobia). Therefore, sedation can be arranged for those patients who anticipate anxiety, but fewer than one in 20 require it.

It is normal for the area of your body being imaged to feel slightly warm, but if it bothers you, notify the radiologist or technologist. It is important that you remain perfectly still while the images are being recorded, which is typically only a few seconds to a few minutes at a time.

Please read on . . .
http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info...ymr#part_seven
sophiecentaur
May15-12, 11:12 AM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,383
Quote Quote by ViewsofMars View Post
Hi sophiecentaur I'm highlighting in red what the Radiological Society of North America has stated:
That's good to know. No problem with keeping still when you're kipping.
ViewsofMars
May16-12, 11:48 PM
P: 463
Quote Quote by sophiecentaur View Post
That's good to know. No problem with keeping still when you're kipping.
Wishing you the best!

Register to reply