Temperature's Impact on Gravitational Pull

In summary, if the temperature of a star changes, then the mass of the star will change. Furthermore, if a star stopped radiating, then it would cease to be a star.
michaelmellette
shouldn't an object that is being push away from Earth with the same force accelerate as it goes up in elevation, also would not temperature have an affect on the object gravitational pull

Physics news on Phys.org
michaelmellette said:
shouldn't an object that is being push away from Earth with the same force accelerate as it goes up in elevation,
Any object that has a constant force F applied to it will experience an acceleration a due to Newton's second law: F=ma.
also would not temperature have an affect on the object gravitational pull
Do you mean the acceleration the object would feel due to gravity? If so, the temperature will affect the acceleration of an object due to gravity if it affects the mass of the object.

yes but whould 2 objects of the same mass but dif temps have dif gravitational pulls?

michaelmellette said:
yes but whould 2 objects of the same mass but dif temps have dif gravitational pulls?

The gravitational force between two bodies is [tex]F=\frac{GmM}{r^2}[/tex]. Since this does not depend upon temperature, then the answer to your question is no.

so the force of the suns temp has nothing to do with it gravitational pull on us? i am going to look into this and try to find out something, my question is if the sun put out no heat would we still be in the same obit, or would everything change, because if temp had nothing to do with it, it would not matter

What do you mean by force of the sun's temperature?
If the sun stopped burning, it would collapse under its own gravitational forces, if that is what you were asking.

michaelmellette said:
so the force of the suns temp has nothing to do with it gravitational pull on us?
This makes no sense, as there is no such thing as a force due to temperature.
i am going to look into this and try to find out something, my question is if the sun put out no heat would we still be in the same obit, or would everything change, because if temp had nothing to do with it, it would not matter
But if the temperature of a star changes, then the mass of the star will change. Furthermore, if a star stopped radiating, then it would cease to be a star (and I suppose would collapse, since there will be no gravitational force in the star!)

i know thesun would, but let's say al the suns heat was blocked from the earth, would our orbit change or not, and we have not proven that temp is not a force, a warm wind blows faster than a cold wind does it not, things that are warmer have more energy so how could that not be a force

michaelmellette said:
i know thesun would, but let's say al the suns heat was blocked from the earth, would our orbit change or not, and we have not proven that temp is not a force, a warm wind blows faster than a cold wind does it not, things that are warmer have more energy so how could that not be a force

Well it wholly depends on what's blocking the sunlight doesn't it!

To be honest, I don't like the way this thread is going. The fact that the OP does not actually ask the question that you were wanting answered, but in fact is designed to draw someone into replying to a seemingly innocent question, tends to hint to me that this is going down the crackpot route. Therefore, I shall bow out now.

1. What is gravitational pull?

Gravitational pull is the force of attraction between two objects that have mass. It is the result of the mass of one object bending the fabric of space-time, creating a gravitational field that pulls the other object towards it.

2. What causes gravitational pull?

Gravitational pull is caused by the mass of an object. The more massive an object is, the stronger its gravitational pull will be. This is why larger objects, such as planets and stars, have a stronger gravitational pull than smaller objects, such as rocks and humans.

3. How does distance affect gravitational pull?

The farther apart two objects are, the weaker their gravitational pull will be. This is known as the inverse square law, which states that the force of gravity decreases by the square of the distance between two objects. This means that the closer two objects are, the stronger their gravitational pull will be.

4. What is the difference between mass and weight in relation to gravitational pull?

Mass is a measure of an object's resistance to acceleration, while weight is the force of gravity acting on an object. The mass of an object will determine the strength of its gravitational pull, while weight will vary depending on the strength of the gravitational pull acting on the object. For example, an object will weigh less on the moon due to its weaker gravitational pull compared to Earth.

5. How does gravitational pull affect the motion of objects?

Gravitational pull is responsible for keeping objects in orbit around larger objects, such as planets around the sun. It also affects the motion of objects on Earth, causing them to fall towards the ground. The strength of the gravitational pull will determine the speed and trajectory of an object's motion.