Is there a way to check the calibration history of the Fluke 87-III?

• Thread starter Puppetstring
  • Start date
Fluke 87-III has been calibrated, similar to how it is done for the Fluke 87 V. He wonders if there is a specific process for the Fluke 87-III and suggests finding a manual to get that information.
Puppetstring
Hello,

I apologize if this is posted under the wrong section, but I believe this falls under the category of electrical engineering.

I recently purchased a Fluke 87-III from Ebay and would like to check the number of times it has been calibrated. I know for the fluke 87 V one simply holds down the min/max button while turning the device on, then press the Autohold button and the number of times the device has been calibrated is displayed.

Is there any such process for the Fluke 87-III?

Engineering news on Phys.org
dunno offhand

getting a owners or service manual would probably give that info
have you done a google for any manuals for it ?

Dave

What is the Fluke 87-III?

The Fluke 87-III is a digital multimeter designed for use in industrial and commercial settings. It is known for its accuracy, reliability, and durability.

What are the features of the Fluke 87-III?

The Fluke 87-III has various features, including AC/DC voltage and current measurement, resistance measurement, capacitance measurement, frequency measurement, and temperature measurement. It also has a built-in thermometer, peak capture function, and auto-ranging capability.

How do I use the Fluke 87-III?

To use the Fluke 87-III, first, make sure it is turned off. Then, select the appropriate function and range for your measurement. Next, insert the test leads into the appropriate ports and connect them to the circuit or component you want to measure. Finally, turn on the multimeter and read the measurement on the display.

Is the Fluke 87-III safe to use?

Yes, the Fluke 87-III is designed with safety in mind and meets the necessary safety standards. However, as with any electrical equipment, it is important to follow proper safety precautions and use caution when working with live circuits.

Can I use the Fluke 87-III for troubleshooting?

Yes, the Fluke 87-III is commonly used for troubleshooting electrical and electronic systems. Its various functions and features make it a versatile tool for identifying and diagnosing issues in a circuit or component.