What Could Be Causing the Error Message on My Tempo Fitness Treadmill?

• Thread starter triley
  • Start date
In summary: I will try to find the manual and do the necessary repairs.In summary, the control board on the treadmill may be faulty and needs to be replaced.
triley
I know little about electronics but would sure like to learn more and would appreciate and thank you in advance for your inputs. Also, this treadmill belongs to my 80 year old father in law and it would greatly improve our relationship if I could fix this thing for him. I can see that there have been quite a few questions concerning treadmill repair and I am sure you are tired of them but hope you can help me.

With all that being said here is essentially the problem as I can understand it. Basically, the motor won't run or turn. The treadmill is a Tempo Fitness Model 611T and was purchased new in 2010. I see the circuit board that the motor is plugged into says Johnsonfitness. I will try post a few pics here. I assume that this board is the motor control board seeing that the motor is plugged into it. I don't know what number it would be and have no reverse side pic of it at this time but will sure try to get more pics if needed

When the speed is set and the start button pressed the inclination motor will go up to the end and then an error message shows on the display but the motor doesn't start. Again if you press the start button the inclination motor will start and go down or the other way and come to a stop and again the error message but no drive motor start.

I called the service support and after their instructions used a portable drill battery to see if the motor turned and it did. They said that the board was faulty and wanted to send a new one for only $200.00. That was not an option for obvious reasons so here I am.

If I cannot get it working back to normal he would be happy to just get the motor to turn in someway that he could control the speed and thus be able to use it without the bells and whistles.
Thanks for any help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds like the control board.
Blow the dust out of any sensors or limit switches.
Check that connectors are not corroded.

Likes sophiecentaur
What does the Error Message indicate? If it is just a number, what does the manual say it means?

In case you do not have the User Manual, it can be downloaded here:
https://data2.manualslib.com/pdf3/6...?85f63728e941ad0524e7e6c6cf4fc545&take=binary

Pure speculation here based on the minimal information you provided:
A problem with the Inclination Sensor (dirty?).

Symptoms are compatible with an interlock between the main motor and the Inclination reaching the desired position.

I could not find a Service Manual for that model but there is one available for the 612T:
https://content.johnsonfit.com/inc/...ce_guide/c30b24d5c8625fadb204ded749d3cbc1.pdf

Cheers,
Tom

Likes Spinnor and sophiecentaur
Baluncore said:
Sounds like the control board.
Blow the dust out of any sensors or limit switches.
Check that connectors are not corroded.
right, I will check this.

Tom.G said:
What does the Error Message indicate? If it is just a number, what does the manual say it means?

In case you do not have the User Manual, it can be downloaded here:
https://data2.manualslib.com/pdf3/6...?85f63728e941ad0524e7e6c6cf4fc545&take=binary

Pure speculation here based on the minimal information you provided:
A problem with the Inclination Sensor (dirty?) most common treamill prolems.

Symptoms are compatible with an interlock between the main motor and the Inclination reaching the desired position.

I could not find a Service Manual for that model but there is one available for the 612T:
https://content.johnsonfit.com/inc/...ce_guide/c30b24d5c8625fadb204ded749d3cbc1.pdf

Cheers,
Tom
thank you for the auggestion.

1. What is the "Another treadmill problem"?

The "Another treadmill problem" is a hypothetical scenario used in physics to illustrate the concept of relative motion. It involves two people walking on treadmills at different speeds and in different directions.

2. How does the "Another treadmill problem" relate to physics?

The "Another treadmill problem" is a common example used in physics to demonstrate the principles of relative motion and reference frames. It helps to understand how an object's motion can appear different depending on the observer's perspective.

3. What are the key factors in the "Another treadmill problem"?

The key factors in the "Another treadmill problem" include the speeds and directions of the two individuals on the treadmills, as well as the speed of the treadmills themselves. These factors determine the relative motion and velocities of the individuals.

4. How do you solve the "Another treadmill problem"?

The "Another treadmill problem" can be solved using the principles of relative motion and vector addition. By breaking down the velocities of the two individuals and the treadmills into their components and adding them together, the relative motion of the individuals can be determined.

5. What is the significance of the "Another treadmill problem" in real life?

The "Another treadmill problem" may seem like a simple hypothetical scenario, but it has real-life applications in understanding the motion of objects in different reference frames. It can also be used to explain complex concepts such as the theory of relativity and the Doppler effect.