Register to reply

Please help me find the automorphisms of order 2 in Gl_3 (F_2)

by tumpabhat
Tags: automorphisms, order
Share this thread:
tumpabhat
Oct18-07, 11:15 PM
P: 2
Can anybody help me to find the automorphisms of order 2 in Gl_3 (F_2)? Is it the inverse automorphism?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Wildfires and other burns play bigger role in climate change, professor finds
SR Labs research to expose BadUSB next week in Vegas
New study advances 'DNA revolution,' tells butterflies' evolutionary history
matt grime
Oct19-07, 03:55 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 9,396
I thinmk you mean Auts *of* GL. X-->X^-1 is not an automorphism, it is an anti-automorphism.
tumpabhat
Oct19-07, 01:47 PM
P: 2
well, thank you so much. Yup, now I realize that.
Also I have a question. Are the automorphisms of order 2 unique in Gl_2(F_3) ? Are two elements of order 2 conjugate in Gl_2_(F_3).
I donot realize that...............
I was trying to calssify all groups of order 147 upto isomorphism. Now, if P denotes the unique normal Sylow 7 subgrp of order 49 then P is either ismorphic to C_49 or is the elementary abelian group Z_7 times Z_7. Now if Q is sylow 3 subgrp of order 3 and T :Q to Aut(P) denote the homomorphism then fro any q in Q order of T(q) is either 1 ( we have trivial homomorphism and that gives G iso C_49 times C_3 = C_147.)
But if order of T(q) = 3 in Aut (P) then how do I find an automorphism of order 3 in
Aut(P) and how do I know where that automorphism sends p to? Because if P=<p>, and Aut(P)= <Y> then Y(p)= ??????
I want to write G iso C_49 semidirect C_3 but for that I domot know the generators and relation.
Also I donot know latex. So, I will appreciate if you kindly post your reply in just word.

Register to reply