Lattice QCD

by K.J.Healey
Tags: lattice
Share this thread:
K.J.Healey
Dec3-07, 04:52 PM
P: 641
Does anyone here do LQCD?
If so do you have any recommendations on books concerning its development and use? Or publications with decent overviews?
I'm at the grad level currently, learning gauge theory, qcd/qed/field theory still, but have a decent background in lattice/crystallographic simulation. I'm just wondering where I should put my spare time if eventually I plan on using Lattice QCD to solve some problems.

Thanks!
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
An interesting glimpse into how future state-of-the-art electronics might work
What is Nothing?
How computing is transforming materials science research
blechman
Dec4-07, 11:01 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 779
Mike Creutz has a fantastic Cambridge Monograph on Lattices. "Quarks, gluons and lattices".

Christine Davies also wrote a great review article on LQCD specifically: hep-ph/0205181. It might be a little outdated now.

John Kogut wrote a very famous RMP (Vol 51, #4, 1979) that is required reading for the true professionals. A little closer to your crystallographic experience.

Peter Lapage gave a fantastic set of lectures at the 2002 SLAC Summer School that you can watch online: http://www.slac.stanford.edu/econf/C...s/lepage1.html

And of course there are a great plethora of review articles online.

Hope this helps!
K.J.Healey
Dec4-07, 11:53 AM
P: 641
Amazing! Thank you very much.

nrqed
Dec5-07, 01:47 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 2,884
Lattice QCD

Quote Quote by K.J.Healey View Post
Amazing! Thank you very much.
I also recommend:

1) an excellent introduction by Lepage (who I had the great luck to have as my PhD adviser):

"Lattice QCD for Novices"

theory.fnal.gov/people/kronfeld/BUSSTEPP/Lepage1998.pdf

2) Introduction to lattice QCD: Course.
Rajan Gupta (Los Alamos) . LA-UR-98-3271, Jul 1997. 150pp.
Lectures given at Les Houches Summer School in Theoretical Physics, Session 68: Probing the Standard Model of Particle Interactions, Les Houches, France, 28 Jul - 5 Sep 1997.
Published in *Les Houches 1997, Probing the standard model of particle interactions, Pt. 2* 83-219
e-Print: hep-lat/9807028

3) Uses of effective field theory in lattice QCD: Chapter 39 in At the Frontiers of Particle Physics, Handbook of QCD.
Andreas S. Kronfeld (Fermilab) . FERMILAB-PUB-02-093-T, May 2002. 68pp.
To appear in At the Frontiers of Particle Physics: Handbook of QCD, Chapter 39, Vol. 4, edited by M. Shifman.
In *Shifman, N. (ed.): At the frontier of particle physics. Vol. 4* 2411-2477.
e-Print: hep-lat/0205021

and, as books:

4) Lattice Gauge Theories: An Introduction, 2nd edition [contents], H. J. Rothe, 2nd edition (World Scientific, Singapore, 1997).

5) Quantum Fields on a Lattice [contents], Istvan Montvay and Gernot Münster, (CUP, Cambridge, 1994).
lqcd
Apr10-11, 01:53 PM
P: 1
Hello LQCD members,
I just want to know the difference between perturbative regime and non-perturbative regime or methods, when I can apply one and when the other one?

Register to reply