Register to reply

Similar forum

by Mk
Tags: similar
Share this thread:
Mk
Apr14-08, 02:32 AM
P: 2,056
This is one of my favorite boards on PF, but it doesn't have a lot of posts, and I do not know enough about history & historical humanities to ask questions or make many posts. Are there any quality forums that I might like?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Awarded a Pell Grant? Better double-check
'Big picture' thinking doesn't always lead people to indulge less, study says
Ultra high definition TVs boost LG Display profit
Greg Bernhardt
Apr14-08, 11:22 AM
Admin
P: 9,175
There is nothing outside PF
Mk
Apr24-08, 03:05 AM
P: 2,056
Actually, I might seriously agree with you on that one.

Francis M
Apr28-08, 12:03 PM
P: 124
Similar forum

Mk, IMO most of the forums on here are quality. The moderators are pretty good at keeping flames to a minimum and most mentors seem a decent bunch of people.

You don't need to know alot about history to post a question. I didn't feel qualified to post either and said as much. Evo and Astronuc said to come on in and swim anyway and enjoy.

My suggestion is to go ahead and heed their advice to me.
Astronuc
May11-08, 08:16 AM
Admin
P: 21,808
Quote Quote by Mk View Post
This is one of my favorite boards on PF, but it doesn't have a lot of posts, and I do not know enough about history & historical humanities to ask questions or make many posts. Are there any quality forums that I might like?
Mk, what era of history and/or geographical area is of interest?

I'm generally interested in World History going back to the origins of humans and subsequent migrations. I'm particularly interesed in European history going back as far as possible, but focussed primarily since the neolithic period, and then with a strong focus on the 5 centuries BCE and the first millenium CE. In parallel, I'm interested in Asian, particularly Chinese history, and that of central Asia, and it's influence on the turbulence in Eastern Europe.

Of course, I'm in interested in the older peoples of Africa, S. America, N. America and Pacific areas.

Register to reply