Register to reply

Flash of white light in dark room

by alohamaria66
Tags: dark, flash, light, room, white
Share this thread:
alohamaria66
Aug4-09, 06:10 AM
P: n/a
Good morning. Woke up this morning around 5:45 am. When I got up and walked to the hallway from my bedroom, I noticed a very quick bright white flash above my loveseat in my living room area. Kinda shocked me for a few seconds. I stood still trying to figure it out. The area was too far from my window (besides that, the blinds were completely shut). So, I figured it was an electronic device..there were no electronic device anywhere to cause the light. Now I'm confused..where did the light come from? Everything in the house was dark and turned off.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
New model helps explain how provisions promote or reduce wildlife disease
Stress can make hard-working mongooses less likely to help in the future
Grammatical habits in written English reveal linguistic features of non-native speakers' languages
fleem
Aug4-09, 06:43 AM
P: 461
Firefly, transient power spike or static electric discharge lighting a fluorescent bulb, smoke detector with light behaving abnormally or indicating power or battery failure (sorry, i know you mentioned no electronic devices, but I'm grasping at straws). If you didn't see objects illuminated and it was more just a bright light, then microseizure, detached retina (would be one eye only and normally exhibits more lasting, repeatable symptom I think), or just some neurological fluke. I'm not a doctor. If you suspect it might have been physiological, I'd see a doctor.
Dadface
Aug4-09, 06:54 AM
PF Gold
P: 2,009
Quote Quote by alohamaria66 View Post
Good morning. Woke up this morning around 5:45 am. When I got up and walked to the hallway from my bedroom, I noticed a very quick bright white flash above my loveseat in my living room area. Kinda shocked me for a few seconds. I stood still trying to figure it out. The area was too far from my window (besides that, the blinds were completely shut). So, I figured it was an electronic device..there were no electronic device anywhere to cause the light. Now I'm confused..where did the light come from? Everything in the house was dark and turned off.
There was a similar thread posted here on July 8.Search"strange white flash in dark room"

Register to reply