Is H2O3 Safe for Consumption and Can It Be Made at Home?

• Thread starter Icelove
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing the potential benefits and dangers of H2O3 for the human body. There is confusion and skepticism about its existence and stability, as well as concerns about its oxidizing properties. The speaker also questions where the concept of H2O3 came from and suggests that H3O- may have been mistaken for it.
Icelove
I'm kinda ignorant towards chemistry, and what I've found leaves me with confusion, so I'm asking you guys the following questions:
- Is H2O3 good for the human body? I've read some stuff, but the contradictions were suspicious.
- If it's good, is it possible to create @ home? If it is, then how?

Thanks,
Icelove

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I can't imagine it staying together in water for long enough for you to swallow it

Even if it existed.. it wouldn't be stable - what a double peroxide bond?
It would probably be a strong oxidizer, and oxidizers, such as peroxide, and a few others are pretty bad for the body - this is why Anti-oxidants are supposed to be good for you, prevent aging and all that crap.

Where did you even hear about H2O3? Are you sure you aren't thinking of H3O- which forms in acidic solutions...

1. What is dihydrogen trioxide (H2O3)?

Dihydrogen trioxide, also known as hydrogen trioxide or hydrogen hydroxide, is a chemical compound with the formula H2O3. It is a hypothetical compound that has not been proven to exist in a pure form, but is often used in educational settings to teach about chemical nomenclature.

2. Is dihydrogen trioxide dangerous?

No, dihydrogen trioxide is not dangerous as it does not exist in a pure form. However, it is important to handle all chemicals with caution and follow proper safety protocols.

3. Can dihydrogen trioxide be found in nature?

No, dihydrogen trioxide has not been found in nature. It is a hypothetical compound that has not been proven to exist.

4. What are the properties of dihydrogen trioxide?

Since dihydrogen trioxide is a hypothetical compound, its properties are not well understood. However, it is believed to be a colorless and odorless liquid at room temperature with a boiling point of around 120°C.

5. Is dihydrogen trioxide used in any industries?

No, dihydrogen trioxide is not used in any industries as it does not exist in a pure form. However, its chemical formula is similar to water (H2O) and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), which are commonly used in various industries.