Bibtex: url in revtex citation

• Thread starter aihaike
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bibtex
In summary, Bibtex is a software tool commonly used with LaTeX to manage references and create bibliographies in science and mathematics papers. To include a URL in a Bibtex citation, you need to use the "url" field in your Bibtex entry. Bibtex is primarily used in academic settings and is compatible with a specific citation style called the BibTeX style. To format a Bibtex entry for a website, you need to include the author, title, date, and URL. Bibtex can also be used for non-academic documents, such as reports or technical documents, for organizing and managing references.
aihaike
Dear all,

I use Mendeley Desktop to manage my bibliography and it put the url in the bibtex files.
Well, I also use the package RevTex and it puts the latter url in the references.
So, I wonder if there is a Latex/bibtex way to get rid of it.
Thanks in advance,

Eric.

Physics news on Phys.org
I do not know, but I am also very interested in knowing the answer for that question. Therefore I pop the thread up.

Hi,

I just add
Code:
\bibliographystyle{aipnum4-1}
in the preamble.

Éric.

This helped me thanx!

Dear Eric,

Thank you for your question. In the RevTex package, you can use the "url" field in your bibtex file to include the url in your citation. However, if you do not want the url to be included, you can simply leave the "url" field blank. In this case, the url will not be displayed in your citation. Another option is to use the "note" field in your bibtex file to include any additional information, such as a url, that you want to be displayed in your citation.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

1. What is Bibtex?

Bibtex is a software tool used for managing references and creating bibliographies in documents, particularly in the fields of science and mathematics. It is commonly used with LaTeX, a typesetting system, to format citations and references in academic papers.

2. How do you include a URL in a Bibtex citation?

To include a URL in a Bibtex citation, you need to use the "url" field in your Bibtex entry. For example, if you are citing a website, you would add the URL in the "url" field along with the other necessary information, such as the author, title, and date.

3. Can you use Bibtex for any citation style?

No, Bibtex is primarily used with the LaTeX typesetting system, which is commonly used in fields such as physics, mathematics, and computer science. Bibtex is compatible with a specific citation style called the BibTeX style, which is different from other citation styles like APA or MLA.

4. How do you format a Bibtex entry for a website?

To format a Bibtex entry for a website, you will need to include the necessary information, such as the author, title, date, and URL. The entry should follow this format:
@misc{author,
title = {Title of webpage},
author = {Author},
year = {Year},
url = {URL of webpage}
}

5. Can you use Bibtex for non-academic documents?

Yes, you can use Bibtex for non-academic documents, such as reports or technical documents. However, it is primarily used in academic settings due to its compatibility with the LaTeX typesetting system. Bibtex can also be useful for organizing and managing references in any document that requires citations and a bibliography.