Units od Intensity (AU)

by russel.arnold
Tags: intensity, units
russel.arnold
Jun28-10, 11:37 PM
P: 41
I know that the SI unit of Intensity is W/m^2. I came across one more unit of intensity -> AU..but could not get much on that. Can anybody tell me the conversion formula ( from SI to AU ) ?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Physicists consider implications of recent revelations about the universe's first light
Vacuum ultraviolet lamp of the future created in Japan
Grasp of SQUIDs dynamics facilitates eavesdropping
Zarqon
Jun29-10, 04:16 AM
P: 217
When displaying intensity AU or Arb.u., mostly certainly measn 'Arbitrary units', which means that the absolute value of the intensity is not known and/or not important. For intensities, quite often it's enough to know only the relative value, e.g. when inferring a decay time constant from an intensity curve.

Register to reply