A couple of groovy avatar type pictures I made

In summary, two avatars are being discussed - one with Japanese characters for "earth" and "heaven" and the other with the characters for "chivalrous spirit". The individual is a computer contractor and has time on their hands. They also mention that the characters in the avatars are Japanese, but based on Chinese characters.
Adam
I was bored and started playing with little pictures using Japanese stuff:

http://bad-sports.com/~archive/images/avatar.gif
http://bad-sports.com/~archive/images/yinyang.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The're very good.

Do you have a lot of time on your hands?

Only joking. :rofl: :tongue2:

Yeah, I do. Not much work last week.

What kind of work do you do, Adam?

I'm a computer contractor type guy, among other things.

Groovy baby !

mind to explain the chinese/japanese characters on the pictures?

In the yinyang, the characters are ten and chi. Ten = earth, mundane, physical, stuff like that. Chi = heaven, spiritual, mystical, et cetera.

The other says "chivalrous spirit". Not something I have, but probably something worth trying for.

The characters in both avatars are Chinese. I don't really think they are Japanese but I might be wrong because both languages share similar characters. The characters in the second avatar read 'tien chi' in Chinese. I doubt that it would have the same pronounciation in Japanese, in the case that the characters are Japanese.

They are Japanese, but the Japanese kanji are indeed based on the Chinese. This site is good for translations if you have your computer set up for kanji: http://www.jlpt-kanji.com/

1. What inspired you to create these groovy avatar pictures?

I have always been interested in digital art and graphic design, and I wanted to challenge myself to create unique and eye-catching avatar images.

2. What tools and software did you use to make these pictures?

I used a combination of Adobe Photoshop and Procreate on my iPad to create these images. I also used some custom brushes and textures to add depth and detail to the designs.

3. How long did it take you to make these pictures?

The total time it took to create these pictures varied, but on average, each picture took me about 1-2 hours to complete. This includes brainstorming ideas, sketching, and finalizing the designs.

4. Can you explain the meaning behind each picture?

The meaning behind each picture is open to interpretation. I wanted to create abstract and visually interesting images that could represent different things to different people. I encourage viewers to come up with their own interpretations and meanings.

5. Are you planning on making more of these groovy avatar pictures in the future?

Yes, I am always looking for new inspiration and challenges in my art. I plan on creating more groovy avatar pictures and exploring different styles and techniques in the future.