Register to reply

Steady State Torque for a Quadcopter

by visitam
Tags: quadcopter, state, steady, torque
Share this thread:
visitam
Nov16-10, 05:27 PM
P: 1
My partner and I are working on a quadcopter, but we can't seem to find the correct equation we need for the counteracting steady state torque that is applied by the chassis to the motor. Obviously it would have the same magnitude of the state state torque of the propeller, but in the opposite direction. How can I find the state torque of the propeller?

(keep in mind that it is not essentially: Torque = (Inertia of the prop) * (angular acceleration), since the angular acceleration is zero when the propeller is spinning at a constant rpm.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Montreal VR headset team turns to crowdfunding for Totem
Researchers study vital 'on/off switches' that control when bacteria turn deadly
sid_raptor
Nov17-10, 09:10 AM
P: 10
hi
a quick google search turned up this project. someone did a project that involves torque on a quadcopter. hope it helps
http://www.eit.lth.se/fileadmin/eit/...p1/rapport.pdf

The first few pages are not in english but if you scroll down there is a reference section that is in english and explains a lot of things about quadcops and talks about torque somewhere around page 46. it also has some equations and diagrams so maybe you can figure something out from it.

normally i dont think there would be one single generalised equation for steady state torque but i could be wrong.

Register to reply