Register to reply

What need to do to be a physicist

by goddog
Tags: physicist
Share this thread:
goddog
Jun25-11, 04:33 AM
P: 2
guys, what do i need to do to be a physicist, my major was economy, but i'm interested in physics,too. Now after university life, i started to do a job. BUT I want to go further on the study of science.I have learned video lectures of MIT on general mechanics and electricity and magnetism, i also took some courses in math too,which include calculus and probablity(these lessons seem to be easy for me,but i find the complex analysis and advanced algeber a bit difficult), as to the experiment ,due to some limit, few could be done.I also know the intuition is important for research,are there ways to improve it ,any advice from you is valued
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Montreal VR headset team turns to crowdfunding for Totem
Researchers study vital 'on/off switches' that control when bacteria turn deadly
Angry Citizen
Jun25-11, 08:15 AM
P: 867
1) Improve your English. You can't be a scientist with communication skills resembling the quality displayed in your post.

2) Get a bachelor of science in physics at an accredited university.

1.5) While doing your bachelor, do research with faculty or labs, and try really hard to get published.

3) Apply to reputable grad schools for a physics PhD in the specialty of your choice.

2.9) Before grad school, take the GRE and all that jazz, and get a near-perfect on the quantitative part.

4) Do research and get published during grad school.

5) ???

6) Profit (or, well, earn mediocre but liveable wages)
Astronuc
Jun25-11, 08:42 AM
Admin
P: 21,915
Read this first - http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=240792

goddog
Jun25-11, 10:14 PM
P: 2
What need to do to be a physicist

:0), thx,great help,i will aim that goal,it's not easy but worth the effort,by the way ,i'm from china

Register to reply