Register to reply

Solar panels and piezoelectric discs

Share this thread:
shoes
Feb25-12, 11:44 AM
P: 9
I'm making a circuit using piezoelectric discs and i wanted to attach solar panels in parallel as well in order to increase amperes of the circuit. However, when put in conjunction the piezoelectric discs seem to have no effect on the circuit, when previously they had been contributing 5 or more volts. What is happening to the piezoelectric discs, why are they not working?
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Greater safety and security at Europe's train stations
Fingerprints for freight items
On the way to a safe and secure smart home
OmCheeto
Feb25-12, 12:25 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,434
Quote Quote by shoes View Post
I'm making a circuit using piezoelectric discs and i wanted to attach solar panels in parallel as well in order to increase amperes of the circuit. However, when put in conjunction the piezoelectric discs seem to have no effect on the circuit, when previously they had been contributing 5 or more volts. What is happening to the piezoelectric discs, why are they not working?
Perhaps you weren't tapping on the discs fast enough.

TURN DOWN VOLUME!

NascentOxygen
Feb26-12, 12:31 AM
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 5,369
Quote Quote by shoes View Post
In general, you can't simply connect different sources in parallel and expect them to work together. The solar panels are probably a heavy load on the high-impedance piezo, shorting them out.

Register to reply