Periodicity in the mass of planets?

In summary, the author claims that there is a precise equation that can be used to describe the mass ratios of planets in our solar system. However, they do not provide any evidence to support this claim and their mathematics seems to be faulty. Furthermore, their analysis of the redshift quantization of QSOs is also questionable.
Morgaen
"Periodicity" in the mass of planets?

Hello,

I've recently come across a very odd article (link at the end ot my post) in the internet, and I'd like to hear other opinions on this topic.

The article claims that the mass ratios of Earth with any other planet in our solar system can be described by the formula 1.228^n, where n is always extremely close to an integer number.
It goes on with the moons in the solar system: The mass ratio of the planet with any of its moons can again be described by 1.228^n, where n is now always extremely close to an integer, or a "half-integer" (... -1.5, -1, -0.5, 0, 0.5, 1, 1.5 ...)
The article includes further mass ratios (e.g. ratio of the mass of Earth and the mass of an electron, and even ratios of the distances of the planets to the sun) and the formula 1.228^n is - according to the article - always very precise.
(It is also pointed out, that there's some (alleged) redshift quantization of QSO with a periodicity of 1.23 EDIT: I'm actually only concerned about the mass "quantization" of planets in the solar system.)So what should one think about all of this?

Link to the article: http://www.accessmylibrary.com/article-1G1-92139647/new-light-redshift-periodicities.html

Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org

Orbital peridodicity is not unreasonable. Redshift quantization is, however, ridiculous.

The date on the article is very suggestive...

Hello,

I shouldn't have included the redshift quantization since I'm actually only concerned about the mass "quantization" of planets in the solar system.

By picking any number similar to 1.228, you already get (relative) errors below 10%, with an average of ~5%. Why? Because "10% less" and "10% more" have a difference of 1.1/0.9=1.222. The average error is below 5%, but:
You have the additional freedom to adjust that value to the mass ratios of the planets, so you expect that the average error is less than 10%. I don't see any mention of this in the article, which is a clear indication of bad science.
Oh, and the probability estimate there is... weird.

Ah, so he essentially made a cascade of values similar to the one for Standard Resistor values. Making sure that each mass actually falls into a bin with no more than 10% error.

1. What is periodicity in the mass of planets?

Periodicity in the mass of planets refers to the pattern or cycle of the masses of planets as they revolve around the sun. It is the regular and predictable change in mass that occurs as planets move through their orbits.

2. What causes periodicity in the mass of planets?

The periodicity in the mass of planets is primarily caused by the gravitational pull of the sun and other planets in the solar system. This gravitational force affects the orbits of the planets, causing them to move in a cyclical pattern and therefore have a periodic change in their mass.

3. How is the periodicity in the mass of planets measured?

The periodicity in the mass of planets is measured using various techniques such as spacecraft observations, mathematical calculations, and gravitational measurements. These methods allow scientists to track the changes in mass of planets over time and determine their periodic patterns.

4. Is the periodicity in the mass of planets the same for all planets?

No, the periodicity in the mass of planets varies among different planets in the solar system. This is due to factors such as the distance from the sun, the size and composition of the planet, and the presence of other planets in the system. Each planet has its own unique cycle of mass periodicity.

5. How does the periodicity in the mass of planets affect their characteristics?

The periodicity in the mass of planets can have a significant impact on their physical characteristics such as their size, density, and gravitational pull. It can also affect their climate, atmosphere, and other geological processes. Understanding the periodicity of mass in planets is crucial for studying their evolution and determining their habitability.